One thing we want to do with this blog is deliver project updates in real time. What fun is a blog if we don’t, right? We haven’t been just sitting around drinking Sonic Route 44 Strawberry Limeades (I like to call them “painters’ fuel”) since our closing day on March 26th. We’ve come a long way since the “before” pictures you see on the house tour page.
So in order to get this blog rolling along nicely, let me bring you up to speed on some of what we’ve accomplished thus far. Before we get into the details, check out this “before” floor plan (created in some cool free software at floorplanner.com).
And here is the new and improved floor plan:
Of course, there are a lot of changes that you can’t see on a floor plan, but here’s a list of the changes so far:
- Continued the hardwood floors into the kitchen, bedrooms and closets (Yet to be stained and refinished)
- Replaced the single closet door in the foyer with double doors
- Gutted the entire kitchen
- Redefined what used to be the dining room as Ashley’s home office
- Moved the new dining area to the living area
- Took out one of the linen closets in the hall to add to the space inside the bathroom
- Widened the hall bathroom door
- Gutted the hall bathroom (down to the studs), then got it tiled, changed the plumbing
- Gutted the entire master bathroom and closet, then reconfigured the layout
- Painted everything (Seriously. 20+ gallons of paint have gone on the house, and we did it all with a little help from our friends… and Strawberry Limeades.)
Some of these are big projects and we’ll be covering them more in detail later on, but that’s the overview of what’s been going on here at the 7th House on the Left.