Here at 7th House, it isn’t all sheetrock and painting 24/7, 365 days a year — even though it may seem like it from time to time.
Around the first of every month, we will be bringing you our personal favorite finds/buys for the month. We’ll be sure to cover a pretty flexible price range, too. This month, the things we picked out range from $7 to $150 (with the exception of a $218 splurge item). If you’re in the midst of looking for that perfect gift, or even if you are searching for a little something to treat yourself, we’ve got you covered. Another thing we love about doing this is we get to share a little bit of our individual personality with you guys, since you can tell a lot about someone from their shopping cart. Let’s get started!
1. Custom Stationery from Paper Source is a classic item for anyone to have. You might not find yourself writing too many letters nowadays, but envelopes and stationery are something every man should have. It just puts a little bit of extra “oomph” into whatever you write.
2. The Art of Shaving’s Pure Badger Brush is also a great thing for any man to have. If you’re like me, shaving isn’t typically something you’d call “fun”. Well, a good high quality brush like this one combined with the right shaving soap and razor can make it a much more enjoyable experience.
3. For the dog lover or a book lover (or both), these Dachshund Bookends from Jonathan Adler are, as Ashley says, “Simple chic, yet masculine.” I just think they stand out from your average, everyday bookends. They tell a story, just like anything in a well put together room should.
5. Loads of personality and 100% recycled! You don’t have to be the “greenest” person in the world (even better if you are!), these Recycled Pop Glasses would be a great housewarming gift for anyone who loves the vintage charm of glass soda bottles.
6. Perfect for the music lover that’s a child at heart, Ridley’s Harmonica. It would be great as a vintage-looking party favor, and it might just bring out the gift of music in someone that you never knew had it!
7. Red Envelope’s Leather Watch Case is a great place to store your timepieces. I’m a big fan of having different watches for different occasions, so having one, centralized place to put all of them is a very welcome convenience.
Looking for something a little more feminine? Or something for that special pup in your life? No worries, we’ve got that covered too. I’m going to hand the keyboard over to Ashley to talk about her favorite things for October…
1. If you are looking to splurge on a special fashionista in your life (or yourself!), Coach’s Madison Leather Slim Envelope is a sure-fire hit. In classic chocolate leather, it’s the perfect on-the-go accessory to hold all of daily necessities. I love this wallet because it has a place for everything. I can even fit my iPhone 4 in it!
2. Anyone that knows me knows that I love obsess over Yankee candles. The Sage & Citrus is one of my three (yes, there are three in particular) go-to, all time favorite candle fragrances. You cannot go wrong with Sage & Citrus. It’s light, airy, not over powering and though I use it year around, it has a hint of a fall essence to it.
3. Bentley loves this 100% Natural Auntie May’s Tug-O-Pretzel from Olive Green Dog. One thing he loves about it in particular is when we soak it in water and freeze it overnight. He thinks he’s getting an extra special treat when we do this. And better yet, it doesn’t loose it’s shape or color — even with a tuff little biter like ours.
4. This adorable Rachael Ray Fondue Set is a perfect gift for the entertainer. I really like the fact that this is made out of cast iron unlike other fondue sets we have had. The cast iron helps the heat to spread evenly. If you are giving this as a gift, why not pick up some cute recipe cards and fill them out with some of the amazing fondue recipes from Food Network. Then attach them to your gift bag.
5. Whoo (pun intended) knew a doorstop could be this adorable! Anthropologie’s Owl Doorstop is not only adorable, but heavy and made from sturdy iron. It will add a lot of character to any space and sure to be a hoot! Yes… I went there.
6. These Vine Pumpkins from Crate & Barrel have been a part of our fall decor for the past two years. They are the perfect size for a coffee table or even on a fireplace mantle.
7. Philosophy’s Trick or Treat Gift Set is not only adorable but each scent smells aaaamazing. When it comes to capturing amazing scents and narrative bottle labels (the one for Amazing Grace gets me every time, haha), Philosophy can do no wrong. True story.
And there your have it, the very first installment of Our Favorite Things! Do you have a particular favorite item that is a must have for the fall? Or a perfect fall-themed gift idea? Leave a comment and let us know…