Holiday Inspiration

BLACK FRIDAY

black trim

Black Friday marks the first day of the Christmas shopping season and has been deemed the biggest shopping day of the entire year. While thousands of people are standing in line at Target, Best Buy and Toys R Us, we are busy moving furniture into the house (happy dance!). But today on the blog, we’re having our own fun Black Friday by way of interior design inspiration.

I’m a big fan of dark black accents in a room. It has a way of making the other colors in the room pop. But what about bringing black in your space in a bigger way? We’re talking about wall color. You would think it would make the room seem a lot smaller and cramped but here’s some inspiration photos that prove different:

Photos courtesy of Benjamin Moore, Elle Decor, Lonny Mag, Christina Murphy Interiors and Decor Pad.

Gina
    November 26, 2010 at 11:52 am

I love the black! I’ve always thought a good way to try it on would be in a small bathroom/ powder room. However, I have to say I while I’m not usually a fan of white walls? I really, really love the third photo – white walls, black trim, black/dark floors and white furniture. yum.

April Moss
    November 26, 2010 at 11:11 pm

I’d much rather be unpacking boxes than fighting the crowds! Great post!

Linda b
    November 27, 2010 at 11:43 am

I love this idea! I especially like the dining room.

Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons
    November 29, 2010 at 11:31 am

such pretty rooms!!! must. shop. now!!! haha – I really need to stop looking at such gorgeous inspiration, it’s killing my budget! <3

xoXOxo
    Jenn

Unplanned Cooking
    November 29, 2010 at 2:04 pm

I love the black tile. Our son wants to paint his bedroom black so he can be “invisible.” With this inspiration, maybe his dream will come true ;).

Dione
    January 2, 2011 at 1:06 pm

What levels of gloss did you use in each room. Some look like a high gloss, then some semi-gloss in other rooms, but I can’t really tell. I’m getting ready to do a lot of black in my house and was torn between using a high gloss in some areas and then semi gloss in others.

January 2, 2011 at 6:16 pm

Hey there! These aren’t our rooms — they are just inspiration photos we rounded up online. But in our personal opinion, we would recommend using semi gloss. Hope it helps!