Here we are with our monthly installment of our favorite things! Ashley originally started this feature back in September of last year via her photography blog. Now that we are doing a blog together, we thought it would be fun to bring that feature over to 7HL. So without further ado, here are a few of our favorite things…
1. When I was a kid, Charlie Brown Thanksgiving was a staple around the Thanksgiving season. I don’t think I’ve gone a year without watching it at least once.
2. Though we regularly take Bentley to our local groomer, we like to give him a bath at home from time to time. Since we are often visiting friends and family during the holidays, Bentley needs to look his best at a moment’s notice. Martha Stewart’s Camomile dog shampoo is mild enough for Bentley (who is allergic to everything), and it makes his coat extra shiny. It smells really good too!
3. It’s easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the holidays. These business card-sized I Am Thankful Cards from Paper-Source help us keep things in perspective and remember the true meaning of Thanksgiving. Pass them around at the Thanksgiving table.
4. Hoodies. Easily one of my favorite things about the fall season. I can’t wait until the temperature drops and it’s time to break out the hooded sweatshirts and jackets.
5. There is really no purpose behind these Buckyballs from Think Geek. These addictive little magnetic building spheres are available in four colors and will give you hours of stress-free building fun.
6. Pumpkin Whoopie Pies are a weakness of mine. You can order them from specialty kitchen stores or scout out some good recipes online. The pumpkin cakelet is good on it’s own, but paired with mouth-watering cream cheese icing, they’re unimaginably awesome. Just writing about them is tempting me to whip some up.
7. Men, if you are like me, you forget things from time to time — especially around the busy holiday season. With everything going on with the house renovations, I like to periodically write down my to do lists to keep things in order. This Recycled Leather Notebook keeps me on track. When you have a bright colored notebook like this, you don’t have a tendency to loose your to do list too. You don’t want to be in the dog house on Thanksgiving, do you? Yeah, me either.
8. Around the holidays, Ashley and I turn into Starbucks addicts. My favorite flavor? Pumpkin Spice Latte, hands down.
Now I’m going to hand the keyboard over to Ashley to let her share her favorite things for November…
1. Christmas Music. Yeah, it’s that time! Nope, not too early. Not in the Brown household! Technically, we start listening to Christmas music (and watching Christmas movies) before Halloween. I’m actually listening to The Carpenters Christmas album as I type. Crazy? Just a tad. 😉 Some of our favorite Christmas albums are Mariah Cary Christmas, Bing Crosby’s Merry Christmas and, of course, The Carpenters Christmas Portrait.
2. A Thanksgiving tradition that has been in my family since I was old enough to hold a rattle is the wishbone breaking between me and my Grandpa. Though I’m sure he let me “win” on numerous occasions, I wouldn’t trade those memories for the world. For that reason, I absolutely love this Alex Woo Little Luck Wishbone necklace. The silver verison definitely on my wish list for this Christmas.
3. You simply cannot go wrong with Sprinkles Cupcakes. They are like heavenly goodness in your mouth. It is our go-to cupcake mix for all occasions. Pair this Pumpkin Cupcake Mix with your favorite cream cheese icing recipe and you will be addicted. If you are in a pinch, you can even use this mix to make Greg’s favorite whoopie pies (above).
4. I love nail polish. And I love OPI’s Over the Taupe. It’s dark like the ever-so-popular onyx and deep purple nail polishes, yet light enough to have that fall-like aspect.
5. “Hello, my name is Ashley and I am a stationery-holic.” Yes, it’s true. I just like to skip the whole “addiction” thing and call myself a “stationery connoisseur”. These Chocolate Candy Stripes folded notes are classy, simple and charming. These little beauties are silkscreen-printed by hand with soy-based ink — which just makes them even cooler. Our friends at Feterie have been nice enough to offer a special discount for 7HL readers! Just enter 7THHOUSE at checkout for 10% off your order. This code will be good for the rest of the year, so get shopping!
6. I originally saw this Harvest Wreath over at The Lil House That Could blog. I loved how it looked on their front door. And once I saw it in person at Crate & Barrel, I was smitten. Indoors or out, this wreath is a fall must have.
7. Whether it be for serving your favorite fall dessert or using it on the foyer table as a catch-all for your keys, this Autunno Yellow Platter will warm up your space and bring fall in.
8. As Greg mentioned above, around the holidays, we are what you may call Starbucks addicts. We just can’t get enough of their seasonal beverages. My flavor of choice is none other than Toffee Mocha. Yum!
That’s it for this month’s installment of our favorite things. Do you have any fall favorites? Share them in the comment section.