Living Room

CHA CHA CHA CHANGES

One thing is for sure, each room will undergo a multitude of phases until we declare the room “finished”. Or “done done” as Greg says. Now that the holidays are wrapped up, we’ve been focusing on the living room. We unpacked some more accessories, replaced the Christmas tree with the chair in our bedroom, hung some wall art and reconfigured the furniture arrangement. Here is the way things are looking now:

Yeah, it still needs some work and we’re getting there. But we’re going to live with it like this for a few days to see how we like the set up.

One thing that is bugging me is the sofa table. It’s too short for the sofa. But since the jury is still out on the sofa and loveseat, we’re going to hold off on hunting for a longer sofa table for now. Other than that,Β we need to hang something over the fireplace. It is in dire need for a mirror or large piece of art.

Nevertheless, things are changing around here and resembling an actual lived-in house.

Linda b
    January 4, 2011 at 3:45 pm

Love where you are going with this! It looks so cozy!

ELizabeth C.
    January 4, 2011 at 4:45 pm

What a great room…very nice.

April Moss
    January 4, 2011 at 4:56 pm

WHERE did you get the Rare Prints piece?! That is awesome.

Katy
    January 4, 2011 at 8:57 pm

Looking good!! I like that artwork a lot!

Wanda
    January 4, 2011 at 10:25 pm

I can’t wait to see what you choose to go over the fireplace. What is the paint color in this room?

Christina
    January 4, 2011 at 10:54 pm

Beautiful room! I agree, a great mirror would really enhance your fire place

brandt @ New House on the Blog
    January 5, 2011 at 2:13 pm

Here’s a “second” for where you got that “Rare prints” piece…that thing looks awesome!

January 5, 2011 at 4:11 pm

Thanks Brandt! We love it too. I’ve been obsessing on where to put it ever since closing day! So it’s nice to be able to finally find a home for it πŸ™‚ We got it on sale at Pottery Barn early last year but they don’t carry it anymore (http://bit.ly/gIsfyT). It’s made out of wooden planks — so I think it would be a great DIY project to tackle one day!

brandt @ New House on the Blog
        January 6, 2011 at 3:33 pm

I’ll have to get in touch with my “hookup” and see what I can find, if it’s coming back or not, because if it is, I’m totally jumping all over it.

val
    January 5, 2011 at 10:11 pm

I’ve just found your site and I’m in love! Everything looks great so far and I can’t wait to see the rest! I must say a BIG THANK YOU on your paint color choices for your master/home office and living room! We’re getting ready to start on our family room and guest bathroom and those colors are the exact colors I’ve been thinking about. You’ve taken all the guest work right out of it for me! Now I just need to grab some samples and make it happen. πŸ™‚

Heather
    January 9, 2011 at 12:34 am

LOVE that artwork! Totally just read your followup. πŸ™ They NEED to bring that back for sure!

Jami Graham
    January 15, 2011 at 2:36 am

Okay I LOVE that print, much like everyone else…tragic! What color are your walls? First thing I did when we got married was paint our dark brown fire place white and then a blue accent wall and I’m really considering doing a darker gray.

January 17, 2011 at 2:34 pm

The living/dining room is Martha Stewart’s Cobblestone. We’ll be posting more about our paint colors soon πŸ™‚

Jami Graham
    January 15, 2011 at 2:37 am

Also, love the theme and layout of the blog! Did yall design this or work off a template? Thank you so much! πŸ™‚

January 17, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Thanks so much! We actually designed/programmed everything ourselves from scratch using WordPress. We highly recommend WordPress!

Debra dean lunsford
    January 21, 2011 at 5:22 pm

Great job Ashley and Greg! Looks wonderful!