Etsy Thursday

ETSY THURSDAY

We’re back with another edition of Etsy Thursday. For our new readers at 7HL, every couple of weeks, we highlight a few of our favorite finds on Etsy. Yes, we confess, we are a couple of  “Etsy-fanatics”. I always say, “If you are looking for something unique, check out Etsy first!” So, ready or not, here we go…

I love the idea of selling printable products online. They are affordable, fun and you don’t have to pay shipping. These downloadable recipe cards from Little Paper Dog are really fresh and would be a nice addition to a kitchen-themed gift basket or even a hostess gift. A PDF file is sent to you via e-mail within 48 hours after purchase and includes instructions, two sizes of recipe cards, decorative bands, four circle gift tags and 4 square gift tags.

I have a crush on these pillows covers from Kyoozi. I’ve been stalking them for a few weeks and I’ve come to the conclusion our couch in the living room needs them. It would make her happy. If you find they are suddenly sold out, you’ll know why (wink, wink). But no worries, with most handmade Etsy shops, all you have to do is click the “Contact Seller” button to place an order for something that is sold out or to request a custom order. Make sure to check out all the great pillow covers from Kyoozi. I’m especially loving the Geometic Lattice and Jacquard lumbar pillows. They are addicting.

This Vintage Upcycled Book Safe iPod Dock from BrightWall is one of those Etsy finds that makes you go, “Hmm… I wish I had thought of that.” This is surely a fun way to stash your iPod while keeping it charged at the same time. To make this clever creation, the pages were cut and glued by hand. This would be a great gift for someone with a bunch of gadgets. And if they happen to love antique books, that’s even better!

Do you have a current Etsy favorite or even a favorite Etsy seller? Let us know in the comment section!

7th House on the Left does not accept payment or perks for anything in our Etsy Thursday features. We simply have an obsession with Etsy that we want to share with everyone : )

Sarah K
    February 10, 2011 at 11:19 am

Those chevron recipe cards are so cute! Great finds today.

Shannon
    February 10, 2011 at 12:04 pm

I’m loving your choices! I especially like the antique book turned iPod dock. Very clever!

Linda
    February 10, 2011 at 12:08 pm

I love anything with zig zag patterns these days. So fresh and graphic!

Lindsey
    February 10, 2011 at 12:19 pm

I’m a new reader and I’m loving this spotlight on Etsy. I have a minor obsession as well. One of my greatest finds was a red necklace from Denise Jewelry Designs. She has some great bling at affordable prices!

February 10, 2011 at 12:51 pm

Thanks for the tip! I love me some unique jewelry. Off to check it out now… 🙂

Tweets that mention » ETSY THURSDAY 7th House on the Left -- Topsy.com
    February 10, 2011 at 12:55 pm

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Houseblogs.net, Greg + Ashley. Greg + Ashley said: Time for another edition of @Etsy Thursday! http://bit.ly/h5K8kA […]

Jessica
    February 10, 2011 at 1:15 pm

Etsy is the worst for us shopaholics! There are always a list of things I’m lusting over at any given time. Right now I’m in love with the humorous designs of ForkedUpArt (esp. this http://www.etsy.com/listing/64700729/the-ifork-iphone-stand). And paperpastries – they are currently on hiatus, but should be back soon (these are the best – http://www.etsy.com/listing/62687097/know-it-all-no-2-pencil-set).

February 10, 2011 at 7:31 pm

It IS the worst isn’t it? haha
      I’ll be sure to check them out. Thanks!

Lyndsey Grundman
    February 10, 2011 at 1:27 pm

Love the pillows, must check them out!

Tracey Tilley
    February 10, 2011 at 2:41 pm

My name is Tracey, and I too am an Etsyholic.

Those pillows are totes adorbs!

I am a photographer and have an etsy shop of my own: studiothirtyfour.etsy.com

I’d love if you took a look!

February 10, 2011 at 7:29 pm

Cool! Thanks for the link. Off to check it out now 🙂
      Sincerely,
      A Fellow Etsyholic 😉

Angela Wilson
    February 10, 2011 at 3:48 pm

I love the antique book!! I’m going to DIY it!

Jessica
      February 10, 2011 at 9:21 pm

Angela, my boyfriend made me one for my birthday, I love it!

Chantelle
    February 10, 2011 at 4:03 pm

Those recipe cards are awesome! And the printable version is so much more affordable and versatile than ones I’ve seen in stores. Digital downloads are so convenient for people like me who always end up wanting more after buying the last package of 10!

Jill Lee
    February 11, 2011 at 12:22 pm

I just started reading your blog a few days ago and I am really enjoying it! We are moving into a new house in a couple of weeks, so it has been fun getting design ideas. I am also an Etsy fanatic. For a while I had to impose a waiting limit on all Etsy purchases so I would force myself to stop and think about what I was buying and not just make hasty decisions! There is just so much great stuff out there! Keep up the great work on the blog!