It’s so hard to believe it’s already February. It seems like just yesterday we were all unwrapping presents and hanging out at the office Christmas parties. Weird.
But indeed, it is February 1st, which means it’s time for another installment of my and Ashley’s favorite things. Cue “Sound of Music” children.
For those of you who are new 7HL readers, Ashley originally started writing this feature over on her photography blog (vintage September 2009). She enjoyed writing the feature so much, we decided to move it to 7HL. To kick it up a notch, we switched things up a bit and turned it into a team effort. And here we are (check out the other 7HL Favorite Things features here). Now, let’s get started…
1. The iPlunge is… well… it’s a plunger… for your phone. Except it doesn’t unclog things. It props your phone up so you can see it while it sits on your desk. Sure, you could just use the dock, but where’s the fun in that?
3. The Aeropress Coffee Maker makes a great cup of coffee. If you get the right grind and brew according to the directions, you get a cup that’s full-flavored but extremely smooth. This is the only way to start my morning.
4. This Inkless Metal Pen is really cool! The markings look kind of like pencil, but it’s permanent and 100% smudge-proof. It even works on glossy paper. I’m geeking out a bit.
5. Cooking for Geeks. The title says it all.
6. Angry Birds. The pigs have stolen the birds’ eggs, so the birds get angry and fling themselves from a slingshot to break down the pigs’ fortresses and save their eggs. Yep. The developers were on something when they made this game. It’s truly great, though. Totally worth the $.99.
7. We have always been big TiVo fans. Ashley and I lead reasonably busy lives, so we can’t always sit down and watch a show when it comes on. Between the TiVo and Hulu, we’re able to keep up on most of our favorite shows without scheduling our lives around the television. We recently started downloading movies on the TiVo through our Amazon account. The only con is that it takes a little while to download. But that’s to be expected when streaming 1080i quality. But if you plan your weekend movies in advance, it’s a pretty cool feature.
Now I’m going to turn the keyboard over to Ashley. Although, I belive she may be giving me a few hints for Valentine’s day presents… do you sense a color scheme?
1. We’ve been playing cards pretty often around here lately. And I mean often. A friend of ours taught us a game called Escalaro and we are addicted. Greg gets so caught up in the game, he totally forgets about playing with pink cards.
2. For the past few months, I have been a total bookworm. I’m currently reading “Dreaming of Dior” by Charlotte Smith. It’s based on a true story about the author who inherited her grandmother’s collection of over three thousand designer pieces dating from 1790 to 1995. With each item came a story of the woman who previously owned it. It’s a fascinating book and I’m loving every page!
3. I have a thing for big, chunky jewelry and I’m kind of obsessed with this Juicy Couture bracelet at the moment. I love the eclectic mixture of metals.
4. I love anything and everything from Philosophy’s Amazing Grace collection. I recently got a sample from Ulta of the perfumed salt scrub. Not only does it smell heavenly, but it also makes your skin so very soft. I would love to have the full jar…hint, hint Greg 😉
5. The Tassel Stitch Sketch Art Tote from Toss Designs has caught my eye for a while now. This would be the perfect size bag to keep in the car and use for a reusable shopping bag. Talk about a cute way to go green, right?
6. When it comes to lip gloss, I stay in the neutral color zone. Rarely do I delve into anything pink. Well, at least not until I met this luscious lip gloss from Fresh. It gives you that barely there pink shimmer without looking like a Powerpuff Girl.
7. When I saw this throw pillow, I immediately fell in love. I’m not sure if it stems from my love of painting with watercolor in college or if I just like the touches of gray (a favorite color around here if you haven’t noticed). I really want to find a place to use this. Perhaps in the guest bedroom…? I guess we shall see.
That’s it for this month’s installment of our favorite things. Do you have a current favorite find you would like to share with the class? Leave a comment and let us know…