Guest Bedroom

GUEST ROOM UPDATE

The race to get the guest room finished in time for my grandparent’s visit in March is still underway. You may remember us talking about trying to decide between a comfy chair or a desk. After much going back and forth, some virtual window shopping, and taking in your thoughts and suggestions, we finally decided. We’re going with… drumroll please… a comfy chair!

Now we’ve made our decision, the next step is to pick out a chair. Over the past week or so, we’ve been scouring local antique and thrift stores for a classic piece that needed a little bit of TLC and modernization. Well, no luck. Whatsoever. We couldn’t find anything that was even close to what we really wanted. That, along with the fact we are on a relatively tight deadline, brought us to the decision to look for something “off the shelf” so to speak. Plus, we haven’t necessarily reupholstered anything before, and now is probably not the best time to try it out for the first time. We’re pretty anxious to get out the fabric swatches and staple gun, though. I’m sure we’ll find something to experiment with down the road. Moving on…

Last night, we took the plunge and ordered this chair from Overstock.com. We love how it’s modern, but still has that classic/Martha Stewart thing going on…

Isn’t she pretty? For the style, material (it’s leather) and good customer ratings, the $314.99 price tag isn’t all that bad. And you can’t beat $2.95 shipping (holla!). With the help of a promo code, we were able to snatch up the chair for $302.94, including shipping. Hey, every penny counts, right? Ordinarily, we wouldn’t buy a chair without having sat in it first, but seeing the good reviews and knowing Overstock’s awesome customer service helped us purchase this chair with no worries.

Now that we have that marked off our list, it’s time to focus on the rest of the room. Here’s what the shopping list looks like now (please excuse the awful handwriting. I was in a hurry!)…

Now if we actually find these things in time, we shall see. This is when my heart kind of skips a beat and has a total “oh my goodness moment”. So. Much. To. Do.

Breathe…

To check out the previous guest room updates, click here.

Sally Simmons
    February 25, 2011 at 11:02 am

That chair is fab! It definitely has the Martha Stewart thing going on. Good luck on your challenge!

Elle
    February 25, 2011 at 11:10 am

I was going to say that your handwriting looks great! I wish mine was that nice.

Jenny
    February 25, 2011 at 11:44 am

love that chair!

Shannon
    February 25, 2011 at 11:50 am

Ha! I’m not the only one to write with Sharpies! My husband always makes fun of me for doing that.

I really like the chair! It will look great in that room.

laurenjanelle
    February 25, 2011 at 11:58 am

I think a chair is a good way to go. With the floor lamp nearby, your grandparents will be able to read at night.

Lauren @ Hungry Child in the City
    February 25, 2011 at 12:34 pm

I love this chair! I have been looking for a great chair for my living room to tuck into a corner and make a reading nook, and this is pretty perfect. You took all the work out of it for me πŸ™‚

Tweets that mention Β» GUEST ROOM UPDATE 7th House on the Left -- Topsy.com
    February 25, 2011 at 12:57 pm

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Overstock.com, Greg + Ashley. Greg + Ashley said: An update on our Guest Room progress & a great find from @Overstock: http://bit.ly/ePe8TT […]

Tamara King
    February 25, 2011 at 2:43 pm

Classy chair. Great choice. Love.

Pamela Hugh
    February 25, 2011 at 2:49 pm

I really like the chair you’ve chosen. And my lists look nothing like yours…I can’t even read mine when I’m done! I should have been a doctor:)

Kristin
    February 25, 2011 at 3:16 pm

Good choice.
    I like the high back and clean lines. Very classy

Jenny
    February 25, 2011 at 4:06 pm

I love the white chair you chose…but is the grey chair from your house? I am looking for one like that. Love your taste!!!

February 25, 2011 at 4:10 pm

No, it’s not from our house but I’ve seen ones similar to it on Overstock.com and Macys.com. You might want to check out your local Home Goods or TJMaxx. Hope that helps!

Melissa @ HOUSEography
    February 25, 2011 at 4:46 pm

I am insane with buying furniture sight unseen. Ridiculous actually. I have done it so many times and have yet to be totally burned. Admittedly, my overstock bedroom chair is the least comfy of these choices, but I can handle it since I usually hang out on the bed. Anyway, nice choice. Let us know how you like it!

CaraLanam
    February 25, 2011 at 6:12 pm

I’m one of those people that thinks, re-thinks and thinks again before I can buy anything. It’s so irritating! I’ll walk around a store for an hour putiing items in my cart then put them all back and leave buying nothing! How crazy is that? I can’t imagine ordering furniture over the internet! I think need to start taking a few chances cause I really like that chair!

Mindy @ Heart Maine Home
    February 26, 2011 at 8:05 pm

I LOVE that chair! I need to find a comfy chair for my bedroom…I’m nervous about buying one without trying it, but maybe I should take the plunge! Oh, and your handwriting looks near perfect πŸ™‚ Mine is a total disaster!

thecounselormom
    February 26, 2011 at 9:05 pm

Love the chair! Overstock is great- we got a bedframe from them. I can’t wait to see the finished room!

Maria C
    February 27, 2011 at 5:10 pm

Like the choice you made. I think it’s going to look great. Cant wait to see it all finished!