Etsy Thursday

ETSY THURSDAY: HELP JAPAN

Over the past week, the news has been saturated with coverage on the devastating tsunami and earthquake in Japan. Of course, we’ve seen the commercials and the Tweets about how to donate with a text message, and that’s a really great and easy way to help out (more about that here). Though, there are also some unexpected ways to help the rescue and cleanup effort with your wallet. One of these unexpected ways to give is simply buying from certain Etsy sellers who are donating their proceeds to charities to help Japan! For this edition of Etsy Thursday, we’ve rounded up a few products from Etsy from which the proceeds go directly to reputable and well-known charities aiding in rescue and cleanup effort in Japan.

Help Japan
| PerfectTwo | Canadian Red Cross

Kitted Bow Hair Clip
| Little Honey Pies | American Red Cross

Hand Stamped Metal Cuff
| Maxington BearGlobal Giving

Gift Tags
| Pretty Petals Paper | American Red Cross

Lotus Teardrop Necklace
| Shiho Yamashita | Direct Relief International

There are hundreds of Etsy sellers donating their proceeds to the Japan relief effort and it’s so great to see the creative community come together during this time. To view more Etsy items, just type “Japan” in the search bar. Do you have a favorite Help Japan Etsy item or seller? Share it with us and the readers in the comment section…

Emily
    March 17, 2011 at 12:09 pm

That is so great how people are basically donating their creativity to the Japan relief! Great post!

Rach
    March 17, 2011 at 12:10 pm

This makes me love Etsy even more!

Erika
    March 17, 2011 at 12:22 pm

I LOVE this! I came across these buttons that support Doctors Without Borders:

Shannon
    March 17, 2011 at 1:23 pm

En Route Studio is giving a portion of their profits to AmeriCares and even provide a receipt for your donation. Here is their link: http://www.etsy.com/shop/EnRouteStudio?ref=seller_info

They have really gorgeous rugs!

Liz
    March 17, 2011 at 5:22 pm

I had no idea so many people on Etsy were doing this! That is wonderful!! 🙂

Lauren @ Hungry Child in the City
    March 18, 2011 at 9:02 am

This is a great post, because I much prefer to donate to Japan while supporting Etsy artists. I have bought a lot of items through Etsy, it’s one of my favorite sites. I am going on there right now to get those gift tags!!!

Sara
    March 18, 2011 at 4:35 pm

Thanks so much for sharing. I love seeing all the kindness and creativity that is being displayed. I happened upon other artists donating there work here http://www.aliceindesignland.com/blog/help-japan-artwork.html