Etsy Thursday

ETSY THURSDAY: VINTAGE STYLE

We’re back with another installment of Etsy Thursday! This week, we’re talking all things vintage. A touch of vintage in any home will add instant character and interest. Here are a few of our most recent favorite vintage Etsy finds…

This pillow from Catnap Cottage isΒ made from authentic vintage seed sacks. It’s full of character and would make a great conversation piece. Check out other pillow creations from Catnap Cottage’s pillows here. They have a lot to choose from!

You don’t have to be a “scrapbooker” to put this vintage scrapbook from Gazaboo to good use. It would be an interesting addition to your coffee or foyer table housing some of your favorite family photos. This would also be a great alternative for a guest book at a vintage inspired wedding. Oh, the ideas are endless!

I love antique crates and you can use them for just about anything! My parents have an old dairy crate that they use for a “toy box” for Packer (their four-year-old Cockapoo… named after the one and only Green Bay Packers). I’ve been looking for one for Bentley, but his needs to be shallow because he tends to choke himself when he’s getting his toys out (overzealousΒ about his toys I guess). You can find tons of them on Etsy buy searching “vintage crate”. What I love aboutΒ this one is that it was a crate for a Remington Typewriter.Β 7:BC has a few more crates to offer as well as some other very interesting antiques that are definitley worth checking out.

Aren’t these Bingo pieces fun looking? Put these little guys on display in a glass jar (like this or this) in a family room or game room and you’ve got a great conversation piece!

That wraps up this edition of Etsy Thursday! Do you have any recent Etsy finds? Do share!

Sara Bowery
    April 21, 2011 at 10:56 am

The idea with the bingo pieces would be awesome for a game night! Or like you said, a game room. I love it! These are great Etsy finds!

Liz
    April 21, 2011 at 10:59 am

We have a few antique crates that we use to store extra linens and party supplies. A Remington crate would be an great addition to our collection! I didn’t know there was such a thing.

Rach
    April 21, 2011 at 11:03 am

I’m loving all of your finds but I’m particularly loving the vintage Remington crate. How cute would it be to store extra printer paper?

April Moss
    April 21, 2011 at 12:07 pm

Great finds! I love the idea of the Bingo pieces. That would be great for a family game night get together. You should also search for vintage wooden dominos.

Paige
    April 21, 2011 at 12:09 pm

I think I need to buy all of these. πŸ˜‰

Carrie
    April 21, 2011 at 12:09 pm

How funny! I posted about Etsy’s vintage shopping capabilities today too!

Great minds think alike ;-D Love the suggestions you made!!! I’ve been dying to find an antique crate…

Patti Jarvis
    April 21, 2011 at 1:55 pm

We have a vintage crate that has “Dolly Dimple Peas” stamped on the end. It has been used for so many things over the years! Those old crates are very durable!

Hailey P
    April 21, 2011 at 8:59 pm

I really like the vintage Bingo pieces. My brother-in-law collects vintage games. They would make a perfect birthday gift. Done:)

Lilly
    April 21, 2011 at 9:13 pm

OMG!!! Etsy is a deep dark abyss that never ends!!!! Therefore I love it when you post your Esty finds…it saves me the hassle and I always LOVE the things you pick. Keep it coming! Oh, and I want the vintage crate..I’m just sayin’…can’t get it though because my husband would KILL me for buying something he think’s he could have made by nailing some two by fours together and kicking around the yard a few times:). He’s the epitome of a self taught DIYer…I’m not but we’re working on meeting in the middle somewhere:D