Blog Talk

EXTRA, EXTRA, READ ALL ABOUT IT!

jdr blogger awards

Things are changing up around here at 7th House on the Left – but don’t worry, not too much! We’ve just got a few things to share with you guys on this fine Friday…

First on the list, we’ve been nominated for a blog award hosted byΒ Jackson Design & Remodeling! Voting ends todayand we’d really appreciate your vote! It’s super easy (literally takes about 10 seconds) and no registration required. The winner in each category (we’re in the remodeling category) will receive a $500 cash prize and a fancy shmancyΒ award to display (Bentley’s already called dips on it if we win for a crate decoration. Not gonna happen.). To cast your vote, all you need to do isΒ click here (or the image below), scroll all the way down to the remodeling category and click on “7th House on the Left”. Then, of course, click the “Vote” button! Also, be sure to check out the other blogs that have been nominated in all of the categories. There are really great blogs and you are bound to find a few new favorites to add to your RSS reader.

Secondly, you may have noticed a new button over there on the sidebar… No? Well, take a look around (hint: next to the “Tweet Tweet” window) and you will find a button for our new aStore! It’s basically our own, personalized Amazon store complete with some of our favorite things we have actually purchased, used, and loved. The goods include housekeeping products, kitchen appliances, gadgets, books, magazines, photography gear, and a few of Bentley’s must haves.

We have yet another change on the blog. Scroll up a little… you’re getting warmer. Warmer. Give up? We changed the blog tag line on the logo… “Renovating, Decorating + Living in Our First House”. Yeah, so it’s not a huge change. It’s a subtle change but a little more “us” and it better describes what 7th House is all about:

That’s about it for now but in the mean time, do you guys have any fun projects planned for this weekend? Tell us about them in the comments section. Loosen up, it’s Friday, people!!

Barb
    April 15, 2011 at 11:02 am

Done…voted for you!!

Jana Dern
    April 15, 2011 at 11:04 am

I’m at work, but started browsing the aStore. Looks great! Good luck with the contest. I voted!

Lisa M
    April 15, 2011 at 11:04 am

Voted! As for our weekend plans, IF I can get everyone to corporate, I’m going to try to have a family yard sale this weekend. The weather will be perfect for one!

Geena
    April 15, 2011 at 11:12 am

Love the addition of the aStore. I’ve noticed those popping up a lot lately…great addition. How am I spending my weekend? Chilling in my hot tub and making my way through a stack of magazines I haven’t had time to get to!

Geena
    April 15, 2011 at 11:13 am

Oh, and good luck with the contest. I voted for you guys:)

Juanita Mendes
    April 15, 2011 at 11:14 am

I voted for you and I love the store!

Cara
    April 15, 2011 at 11:20 am

Like the additions and changes. This weekend I am cooking for 17 people. Beginning to wish I had opted for a pitch in! Wishing you to best with the blogger award!

Carrie
    April 15, 2011 at 11:34 am

Voted for you! Looks like you’re in the lead too!! Congrats =)

We have TONS of plans for the weekend! Redoing our half bath, throwing a birthday party, creating some wall art for our newly redecorated living room – Busy busy and loving it…

Hope you have a great (and productive) weekend!

Debbie
    April 15, 2011 at 11:55 am

I voted for you!
    From the looks of it, you guys are going to win; you’re way in the lead!

Kara
    April 15, 2011 at 12:02 pm

Just voted- GOOD LUCK!!! πŸ™‚

kerri
    April 15, 2011 at 12:03 pm

voted πŸ˜‰

this weekend consists of going over to our rental and painting in prep for new renters and cleaning up the yard.

at the new house, sunday will be a challenge of trying to get the wallpaper off the bathroom walls!

wish me luck! LOL

Bianca L
    April 15, 2011 at 12:18 pm

aStores are the new rage. Like it!

Leila
    April 15, 2011 at 12:34 pm

My sisters and I are helping our parents spring clean this weekend. Am I excited? I’m trying! It’ll kick in tomorrow morning after my second cup of Colombian Bean, 2 Splenda and a heavy shot of hazelnut:D The only way to start a day!

Hilary @ My So-Called Home
    April 15, 2011 at 1:05 pm

I voted, and it looks like you guys are way ahead so good luck!

This weekend we’re going to see Stomp in NYC- very exciting. Then hopefully I’ll tackle learning how to use my new sewing machine I just bought.

Brianna
    April 16, 2011 at 1:05 am

I want to see Stomp!!! I have an idea Hilary @ My So-Called Home. I’ll take your tickets so you can stay home and master your new sewing machine. I like your weekend plans better then mine:) We’re cleaning out our shed and garage:-/

Lauren
    April 16, 2011 at 9:01 am

This weekend I am working an extra shift at the hospital (I’m a Labor and Delivery nurse) on Saturday night. We are saving up for a swing set for our kids and getting 12 hours of overtime/weekend/night pay will really give it a boost! My boss always says she loves it when her nurses are doing home improvements because we all want overtime! πŸ™‚
    Love the blog! Can’t wait to see the choice for the kitchen!!! Lauren

Lorie
    April 17, 2011 at 5:14 pm

Like the aStore addition. Congrats on the contest. Having a great weekend doing absolutely nothing:)