Kitchen Stuff We Bought

IT’S THE LITTLE THINGS (REVISITED)

pantry doorknob

What seems like forever ago, I talked about wanting a “special doorknob” for the kitchen pantry door (read that postΒ here). As I explained in the post, I know wanting a “special doorknob” may sound completely pointless and a tad bit trivial, but ever since we bought the house there is one thing I knew: I wanted a pretty, unique doorknob for the pantry door in the kitchen. Odd? Maybe. Silly? Probably. Here are the three choices we narrowed it down to:

Keeping in mind that we posted about this just a few weeks (not even 20 posts in) after starting the blog, so we were really excited to see the votes come in (we didn’t even know anyone was reading!). Option C won by a 9 with 15 votes. We were happy that’s what you guys liked because that was the one we were leaning toward, too!

Nearly 6 months later, we finally got around to filling in what was just a hole in the pantry door and adorning it with our new hardware — or the pantry’s “jewelry” as I like to call it. Not to much surprise, we decided to go with Option C: theΒ Tea House doorknob in Smoke!

We really like how the brown (or “smoke”) crystal doorknob ties in the with dark hardwood floors. It tends to “pop” against the white door whereas if we had picked Option A, the doorknob would have gotten lost.

and if you remember reading the previous post, it has the whole Pollyanna-Hayley-Mills-Glad-Game aspect thing going on. And that makes me a happy camper. When I’m happy, Greg’s happy. And when we’re happy, I’m sure happy-go-lucky Bentley has a little extra spring in his step too. What’s a home if it doesn’t make you happy, anyway?

Do you have any little extra special touches in your house that make you happy?

Lalya S
    April 25, 2011 at 12:03 pm

That’s so true! It really is the little touches in a home that make it YOURS.

Sara Bowery
    April 25, 2011 at 12:04 pm

Pretty! I like how it adds some sparkle too! You can’t have too much sparkle in my book. πŸ˜€

Lisa
    April 25, 2011 at 12:09 pm

We just added a similar knob to our nursery door and we love it! It makes the room a little more special without being tacky.

I love your blog!!

Rachel
    April 25, 2011 at 12:13 pm

We have a β€œspecial” door knob on our laundry room door. We also painted the door panels with chalkboard paint. My kids love it and I like using it for grocery lists.

By the way, Pollyanna is one of my favorite movies! I haven’t watched it in years though. Thanks for the cute reference! It brings back memories. πŸ™‚

Leslie's Day
    April 25, 2011 at 12:37 pm

I didn’t vote originally, but before I had even read far enough to see which one you chose, I thought this is the one I would have picked in a heartbeat. So pretty!

Kaleena
    April 25, 2011 at 3:00 pm

Yes! We just moved into our first house and the first thing I did was change out the ugly gold house numbers to some nice brushed bronze ones. Made me happy :). Good choice btw, looks awesome! http://chrisandkalee.blogspot.com/2011/03/small-change.html

Gia M
    April 25, 2011 at 3:07 pm

I can understand why your door knob makes you happy:) I have a mirror that belonged to my grandmother and it makes me feel the same way.

a' la mode
    April 25, 2011 at 4:27 pm

I love it! My fav choice too =) I made my office ‘special’ by adding a chandelier and anthropologie knobs on my built ins….plus, its pink and its my own room….i like to have wine and girl chat in there…..if you’d like to see….http://www.alamodemaven.com/2011/03/pretty-in-pink-office-redo.html
    xoxo Shelli

Krista of Hopeless Chest
    April 25, 2011 at 10:07 pm

PRETTY! What a smart little touch.

Cheri
    April 25, 2011 at 10:25 pm

I have an antique mirror that belonged to my grandmother hanging in my foyer. It makes me smile:).

Marilyn Snow
    April 26, 2011 at 12:21 am

My Z Gallerie deer head. I went out on a limb when I brought it home. It was “out there” for me stylistically but it is now my favorite piece in the house! My husband’s fav too:)

Janell
    April 26, 2011 at 12:12 pm

When we first moved into our 1920’s house, the first thing I did was replace the 1980s esque door knobs, with some vintage lovelies. They still catch my eye and make me smile.

Rachel
    April 26, 2011 at 6:35 pm

Looks great! I’m new to your blog, so forgive me if you’ve answered this before, but did you paint all your doors and trim? It looks great. I’d love to hear about the process and how you did it!