Exterior

A LITTLE PRESSURE GOES A LONG WAY

It’s HOT outside! Meaning today is the perfect day to pressure wash (or as I tend to call it, “power wash”) the outside of the house! We’ve been super anxious to get to this for months – actually, since we bought the house. Luckily, the weather is treating us well and we’ve got some time on our hands on this fine Memorial Day. With a small 1300 PSI pressure washer, a tad of vinegar (left over from our natural weed killer experiment), and elbow grease, we are (finally) on our way to a clean brick house.

We thought we would check in and share a little preview. Greg started on the front steps, stepped back to look at his handy work and we could not believe the difference! Check this out…

Isn’t that crazy?! My first words were “Hold on, I’ve got to get the camera!”. We knew the bricks were dirty and were in dire need of a good pressure wash, but it wasn’t until we did this little section that we realized how much of a difference it would make! We’ll come back later and give the rundown on what we used and how we used it (for those of you who are wanting to wash your exterior as well). Until then, I’m off to make a Sonic run for my hardworking husband that deserves a Route 44 Diet Dr. Pepper with Cherries : )

Jennifer Siles
    May 30, 2011 at 1:53 pm

The kids and I are getting my husband a power washer for Father’s Day!

Kimmie
    May 30, 2011 at 1:57 pm

I have a guy in my neighborhood that knocks on my door every few months to see if I’d like to have anything pressure cleaned. For what I pay, I could buy my own washer! (But, he’s a very nice man:)

Sharon L
    May 30, 2011 at 2:00 pm

HAHA…we just moved to a new place with vinyl siding…and boy it is SO dirty! Might need to borrow that power washer when you are done!

Nora G.
    May 30, 2011 at 2:02 pm

A power washer is worth every penny! In the spring, I use it to clean my deck and patio furniture. My husband uses it to clean the house, steps, eaves, garage floor, lawn mower, bikes., etc. Worth the money!

Hannah M
    May 30, 2011 at 2:05 pm

BIG difference on your steps! My steps may be dirtier than I think they are. LOL!

Michelle
    May 30, 2011 at 9:04 pm

WOW! What a difference! I wonder what color our bricks really are, hehe!

Jayme & Mendi
    May 31, 2011 at 10:12 am

Wow…that is amazing! Don’t you just love pressure washers?? We need to do that to our back steps and our fence (and then of course stain the fence).

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

Holly
    May 31, 2011 at 11:45 am

Wow, what a huge difference! It’s so amazing to me how we can not realize just how dirty something is until we start to clean it. The house will look amazing when you’re done!

Melissa @ HOUSEography
    May 31, 2011 at 8:46 pm

That’s really amazing. Hard to believe how grungy things get over the years. We had our house power-washed as part of our renovation process and it was amazing how much nasty old paint and caulk was stuck to the house!

Amanda
    June 1, 2011 at 9:34 am

THAT’S NUTS! I love it. Good job you two. Now keep on going, so I can see the end result & bask in your glory. (I’m still an apartment dweller and so want a yard)