It’s June… already! To kick off the month in the regular 7th House fashion, here’s Greg’s favorite things…
1. Helveticards. For as long as I have known her, Ash has been a total font fanatic. She can name a font from a mile away. No joke! Over the years her love for fonts has rubbed off on me and she’s even got me naming fonts on everything from restaurant menus to street signs. Lately we’ve been playing a lot of card games (specifically Escarlo and Spoons). Needless to say, these Helveticards easily made it to one of our favorite things line up.
2. Pandora. I listen to Pandora radio nearly every day, so as I was going through ideas for this post, I was surprised when I noticed I hadn’t put it on here before! Even though they’ve integrated some new (very annoying) commercials, I’m still a huge fan. If you’re willing to shell out a little bit of cash, Pandora One (the ad-free version of Pandora) is only $36 per year and comes with some nice perks.
3. Steel Wallet Tools. As a guitarist, I typically carry guitar picks around in my pockets, but sometimes I lose them in the wash or forget to restock my pick pocket on my keychain. These emergency guitar picks are perfect for those situations. Not only are they right where you need them, they’re also made of stainless steel, which gives you a very unique tone. The same manufacturer also has a spanner (shown in the picture above), an ice scraper, and a bottle opener. With all of those in your wallet, you’re going to be prepared for pretty much any situation without the bulk of carrying actual tools around.
4. Micke Drawer Unit. Last time you saw my office, Ashley mentioned that it looked like “Best Buy threw up on the desk”. Well, it kind of still looks like that. In short, I need storage. This small drawer system from IKEA is the perfect addition to my desk, and it will give me some of that much-needed storage space. Hopefully this will lead to a cleaner, more clutter-free workspace. On top of all that, both the idea of having a clutter-free work space and the design and colors of the unit are “Ashley approved”. That means everybody is happy!
5. USB HubDog. Everything runs on USB nowadays. I honestly don’t think I have a single portable electronic device that doesn’t have a USB port on it somewhere. This USB HubDog is very convenient, fits in with modern electronic devices, and shows just a bit of personality while he’s at it.
6. Portable USB Power Supply. Like I said, everything runs on USB. So what happens when you just want to eek out the last few minutes of the sound track from the next item on this list out of your favorite digital music player? You plug into this little guy! This USB Power Supply gives you 1000mAh of power. That’s nearly the same as the battery that comes with the iPhone 3GS. I’m definitely going to be picking one of these up for my phone in the near future.
7. Star Wars: The Orginial Trilogy on Blu-Ray. It’s official… Star Wars is coming to Blu-Ray September 16th. If you’re a fan, I don’t think I need to say anymore here. If you’re not, you obviously haven’t watched Return of the Jedi, which means you need to rush out and pre-order this, too!
Handing it over to Ashley for her Favorite Things. Warning: there will be some little brother bragging going on.
1. When Pigs Fly. People that know me know that this is one of my most frequently used phrases. So when I saw this white ceramic gem at ZGallerie, it quickly made it to my must have list. I’m thinking about putting her somewhere in my office. I love how it’s unexpected, whimsical, and a little quirky all at the same time!
2. Co Bigelow Lip Gloss. This month’s Favorites line up includes not one but two lip glosses from CO Bigelow. I have NEVER met a CO Bigelow product that I didn’t immediately fall in love with. Every single thing this company puts out is addicting. Hmm… I wonder what their secret ingredient is? haha!
3. Little Luck Elephant. Alex Woo is the cat’s pajamas. His pieces are so simple and dainty but still pack a big statement. While I love my Little Number 7 necklace (which I wear everyday), from time to time I think it would be fun to layer it with another Alex Woo creation like the Little Luck Elephant. For you TV junkies… you might remember this necklace on Ali’s season of the Bachelorette or Gossip Girl.
4. Coop Bowl. I bought this for a friend and I must say, I should have gotten on for myself while I was at it. The photos on the CB2 website doesn’t do it justice – It looks a lot cooler in person. It’s industrial/chic/fun/modern at its best!
5. Faux Bois Packing Tape. With the 7HL store opening soon, I’ve been pretty obsessed with packaging: envelopes, mailing tubes, cello bags, kraft paper… you name it, I can tell you where to get it, how much it is, and what colors it comes in. Presentation is all about the packaging and it’s so much fun to pick out. When I stumbled upon wood grain packing tape, I had to have it… yes?!
6. The Best Part (of Falling in Love) by Abram Dean. Okay, let me have my big sister moment, okay? My little brother, Abram, just finished writing/recording a new song, “The Best Part (of Falling in Love)” and I CANNOT get it out of my head! It’s one of those fun summer songs and even though I may be just a tad bias, but I think it’s pretty awesome ; ) Now available on iTunes, so go check it out!
That wraps up our favorite things for this month. Do you have any favorites you want to share? Dish it out in the comments section…