Holiday

BECAUSE KROGER SAID SO

7th house on the left fall

Last night, our outdoor thermometer plummeted to a cool and breezy 62 degrees. After a long summer of record-breaking heat here in the Commonwealth of Virginia, we welcome the cooler temperatures. This summer, we even had days where it was 15 degrees warmer than where my grandparents live in Tampa, Florida. That was just wrong.

The other day, while on a grocery run, I pulled into the Kroger parking lot and spotted my favorite members of the squash family all lined up outside the store: pumpkins! Actually, I literally yelled, “Pumpkiiiiiiiiiins!”. Good thing I had the windows up. At least I think I did.

So now, the hot, sticky summer is officially on it’s way out and fall is on it’s way in… Because Kroger said so.Β ‘Tis (just about) the season fro cider drinking, pumpkin patching, and hoodie wearing. On the horizon are family bon fires, seasonal party planning, and yes, for you early birds… Christmas shopping. Yep, fall is in the air!

For the past few weeks, we’ve been noticing fall decorations beginning to pop up in the big box stores and at some of our favorite online shops; as well as recipes, how-to’s, and decorating ideas on the blog circuit. So what are we looking at for inspiration when it comes to decorating our casa for the fall season? Here are a few of our favorite fall finds…

7th house on the left fall

1. white pumpkins + orange mums 2. salted caramel pears 3. warm accent colors 4. faux antlers 5. cozy fabrics 6. pumpkin spice latte cupcakes (I know, right?!) 7. pottery barn’s fall decorating guide

What are your favorite fall finds so far? Bloggers, have you posted any fall projects yet? Share your links by leaving a comment…

Katie @ explanationrequired
    September 21, 2011 at 9:49 am

Oooo, those salted caramel pears look delicious! No fall projects for me yet. I’m in Maryland, so we’ve had similar warm weather and it’s just beginning to cool. I do have a pinboard going with some ideas though – http://pinterest.com/katie_palmer/halloween-fall/

Lori H
    September 21, 2011 at 10:16 am

Fall is my favorite season! Starting to break out the fall decor…I am kind of picky about where things go, and it’s different every year! I should say, I try to limit the items as I don’t like a cluttered look. Thanks for the fall goody line-up!

Yvette @ AquaSeventy6
    September 21, 2011 at 10:32 am

First of all, let me say how cool it is that your grandparents live in Tampa. I just moved to Richmond from Tampa 3.5 months ago, and it was much hotter here on some days than it ever was down there!

I love the fall. Right now I’m all about fall fashions. We are hosting a Frugal Fall Fashion Challenge on our blog. You should check it out!

Melanie @ Mailbox Journey
    September 21, 2011 at 10:57 am

I love the fall. I’m hoping to make a fall wreath this weekend!

Lindsey @ arkadian belle woods
    September 21, 2011 at 1:39 pm

I L-O-V-E fall! I am so glad for cooler temps in RVA now! That title is so funny b/c I was in Kroger last week and could smell the cinnamon brooms and thought about how excited I am for fall!

Jill
    September 21, 2011 at 1:49 pm

I absolutely love that first picture of the orange mums and white pumpkins. Definitely planning to decorate our front porch with hay bales, pumpkins, gourds, and mums. Our daughter’s 2nd birthday is on Nov. 5th and we are having a Barnyard Themed birthday party. I thought the fall decorations on the porch would go along nicely with that theme. πŸ™‚

Connie
    September 21, 2011 at 7:25 pm

I had the same knee-jerk reaction in a starbucks regarding pumpkin spice lattes…..somehow I think people understood…

Sarah
    September 22, 2011 at 8:58 pm

Oh man.. I’m all over those cupcakes! I love fall for the cooler weather and the cute hoodies and boots.. but I always skip past decorating.

You have definitely given me some inspiration and I’m off to create!

Thanks!
    Sarah

Kristen @ Popcorn on the Stove
    September 23, 2011 at 9:59 am

I am so excited for the Fall, it’s insane. I’ll admit I already started decorating a few weeks ago. Oops!

Jessica @ Decor Adventures
    September 26, 2011 at 1:32 pm

Ohh I love all those pics, so warm and cozy. I redecorated a wreath so far and got some mums. And I plan to get some white pumpkins at the craft store soon to make some fun decorations for the mantle!

Here is my wreath: http://www.decoradventures.com/2011/09/dollar-store-fall-wreath.html

Jen
    September 27, 2011 at 12:27 pm

I have fallen in love with velvet pumpkins with real pumpkin/gourd stems. My mom and a I will be attempting to make them in October so I will keep you posted on a tutorial. You can see a photo of them on my blog at http://www.lakehouselove-jen.blogspot.com/search/label/decorating with a link on where to order them. Can’t wait to try those cupcakes you posted!!!!

September 27, 2011 at 1:19 pm

That sounds so neat! Thanks for sharing : )