Kitchen Laundry Room

EVERYTHING BUT THE KITCHEN SINK

kitchen progress

With everything going on at casa de Brown, it’s hard to pick a place to start to fill you all in on what’s been happening. To make things a little easier, we’ve compiled a list of things we’ve done in the kitchen over the past week. Hopefully this will shed light on the 411 without being too confusing.

So, this week we…

• Patiently waited for the new, massively huge farmhouse sink
  • Installed a new vanity in the half bath (more on that later!)
  • Had the cabinet installers come back to install the new sink
  • Installed dishwasher
  • Installed the dishwasher cabinet panel & hardware
  • Ran low-voltage wiring for the future under cabinet lighting
  • Had our plumber install a recessed water line for the fridge
  • Went counter top and backsplash shopping (more on that later!)
  • Had the countertop company come out and measure (ya to the hoo!)
  • Took Bentley to the groomer – he wanted me to be sure to add that event
  • Began making sense of what’s in the kitchen boxes that have been hanging out in the dining room

It doesn’t seem like a very long list, but we’ve been playing the waiting game because of the damaged sink. For a few days, it seemed like everything was ready to go… everything but the kitchen sink! Having one little problem hold up progress feels completely terrible, especially when you’re trying to get everything done during the holidays. The sink being damaged held up the plumbing being hooked up and the measuring session for the new countertops. In turn, that put the the backsplash tile on hold. Etc, etc, etc. But now the sink is HERE and we’re on a roll.

Here’s a few photos I took with my iPhone last night…

The box in the middle of the kitchen is the new range hood – holla! My dad (who, lucky for us, is a licensed electrician), with Greg’s assistance, is going to be putting that in for us. Maybe Greg will learn a few electrician tips/tricks along the way, too!

As for the laundry room, we’re just now getting used to the fact that there are hardwood floors in there, and we’re loving it! It makes the room feel so much larger.

You may have noticed we moved the antique dresser from the foyer into the laundry room. It just fit too well not to put it there. We’re planning to store umbrellas, batteries, bug spray, extra light bulbs etc. And we’re kind of digging the quirky blue and green color combo.

Oh, and just for good measure, and in case you’re getting bored of all of the kitchen photos, here’s a photo of our cute little mascot sitting on my lap as I type…

Yeah, he’s between me and the keyboard. He likes to be in the middle of things. Oh, come on, you know he’s the cutest dog ever. ; )

There’s a lot more in store for next week – it’s going to be one big whirlwind of kitchen reno fun! Where’s the vitamins?

Courtney
    December 30, 2011 at 10:15 am

Kitchen is looking sooo great!

Gina G
    December 30, 2011 at 10:26 am

I love the green antique dresser in there! It looks like it was made for that spot. And I know you said you were thinking about painting it a while back, but don’t!!!! I like the color combo!

Emily
    December 30, 2011 at 10:58 am

I love where this is going & can’t wait to see what tile and backsplash you choose.
    Bentley is adorable! 🙂

Kristen
    December 30, 2011 at 12:34 pm

I’m so glad you are back!!

December 30, 2011 at 12:52 pm

Meeeeee too! Surgery is a beast.

Sara Smith
    December 30, 2011 at 4:53 pm

Looking fab already!! Can’t wait to see the big reveal!!

Dennis
    December 30, 2011 at 8:59 pm

Looking great guys!

Kristen @ Popcorn on the Stove
    January 2, 2012 at 1:55 am

The kitchen is looking great! I love the farmhouse sink and can’t wait to see what counters you’ve chosen. How exciting!

Pamela Dorn
    January 3, 2012 at 1:42 am

Casa de Brown is looking is looking grrrrrrreat! Very anxious to see the countertops and backsplash but I’m sure you’re much more anxious than we are! 🙂

annabelvita
    January 4, 2012 at 4:09 am

The laundry room even looks bigger in pictures! I can’t wait for the finished product.

Kate
    January 9, 2012 at 10:57 am

Glad you’re back! Everything is looking amazing — can’t wait to see the finished photos! I feel for you on the frustration of the sink hold up. When we did our kitchen, our corner base cabinets came in in the wrong size, leaving about an 8″ gap between the cabinet and the wall. This pushed back counter measurements, installation, and plumbing (sink, disposal, dishwasher) by about two weeks. We were … not pleased, for sure, but it made having a complete kitchen even sweeter. Running water is miraculous!

Amanda @ Our Humble A{Bowe}d
    January 14, 2012 at 3:15 pm

Hi Ashley!

I just found your blog through Bower Power, and I’m loving it, especially the kitchen reno. We’re tackling our own kitchen, so I know exactly how you feel about waiting for.ev.er. If you want to check out our progress, here’s a link: http://ourhumbleabowed.wordpress.com/category/our-house/our-kitchen/kitchen-renovation/

I’ll definitely be back to keep up with your progress!

Best of luck!