You may not find any raindrops or roses in this post, but there are definitely some whiskers! Here are a few of our favorite things for the month of December!
1. Eggnog – I know, I know. This stuff just has to be terrible for you, but it’s one of my guilty pleasures. Ashley and I don’t drink alcohol, and I’ve never made my own, so I haven’t had “real” eggnog (traditional recipes call for alcohol and raw eggs, neither of which are contained in the Marva Maid or PET versions of eggnog), but store-bought eggnog is my favorite thing to drink during the holiday season. If it wasn’t for some ultra-long work hours, kitchen projects, etc. I’d have some of this in my fridge right now, and I wouldn’t be without it until after the first of the year. I’ll definitely be stocking up once the kitchen is done, just in time for Christmas.
2. Star Wars Han Solo Carbonite Chocolate – I know what you’re thinking: “Greg, you are such a geek.” You’d be right. This would be a great stocking-stuffer for the Star Wars nerd/geek in your life. I have a feeling one of these will be showing up in my stocking around the 25th of this month. Hint, hint!
3. Beard Beanie – Gag gift? Maybe, but I can’t fault the logic. I change my beard style like I change my clothes, and a full beard is the best for cold weather. This is like a hat and scarf with a mustache built in! They also have plenty of other colors if you’re looking for a more “serious” version.
4. Thinking Putty – This is a great gift year-round for your highly-stressed loved ones, but Aaron’s has a special Santa-themed version for Christmas: bright metallic red. I got this as a gift a couple of years ago, and it’s a ton of fun. Check out the site for all the different kinds and a list of fun stuff you can do with it! Ashley is dying to get her hands on the silver and gold version.
5. Charlie Brown Christmas Tree – I absolutely love A Charlie Brown Christmas. I watch it at least once every year, and it never gets old. Charlie’s little tree is a great representation of the giving, loving spirit of Christmas, and I’m proud to display this little guy in my office during the holidays. Even though it isn’t pictured here, it comes with its own little blue blanket, just like in the movie!
1. Diamond Sweater by Martha Stewart Pets – I picked up this sweater for Bentley a few weeks ago, and it quickly became his favorite “outfit”. He has an extra little spring in his paws when he wears it. I think it gives him a bit of a big head, though; he knows he looks cute, so he tries to to get away with anything and everything he can. One other perk dog owners will appreciate is the sweater is cut so that you don’t have to undress your male dog before he “goes outside”.
2. Antique Glass Metallic Ornaments – Greg and I got married right after Christmas, so we missed the opportunity to decorate our first place that year, but we managed to hit the jackpot when it came to after Christmas sales on tree decorations. Since my new last name was Brown, I thought it was “meant to be” that we have brown Christmas ornaments (mixed with silver, gold, and red, of course). Almost four years later, we still love our brown Christmas ornaments and like to pick up new ones to add to the mix every year – like these from Crate & Barrel. I love their antique bronze finish.
3. Herringbone Fleece TOMS – I’m a big fan of TOMS, and these have my name on them! I love the subtle herringbone design and the cozy fleece lining. These would be perfect as designated “house shoes” to wear around the house on the cold hardwood floors.
4. Philosophy’s Old Fashioned Eggnog Shower Gel – I’m never one for shower gels that smell like food/drinks… I think it’s nasty… except when it comes to shower gels by Philosophy. They have a way of bringing out the yummy fragrances rather than making the gel smell “just like the real thing”. Their Old Fashioned Eggnog Shower Gel smells like Christmas in a bottle! It’s not something I use everyday, but if you want an extra burst of Christmas warm and fuzzies, it’s perfect!
5. Salted Caramel Chocolate Peanut Bark – Not only is peanut bark super yummy, it’s a perfect hostess gift for holiday parties! I love the modern birch bark design on the packaging.
6. Wishful DIY Project – Ever since I saw this doormat, I’ve been dying to DIY-it for the holidays! It would be super simple – just some painters tape and paint. The only problem is I’ve been having a hard time finding a plain doormat. All of the ones I find have “Welcome” or another design on them. I’m not giving up, though! I just found out these types of mats are actually coir (made from coconut husks), so that will help my Googling efforts.
Have any favorites this season? Do tell!