All of our dreaming, planning and endless brain storming sessions is finally beginning to come to light. The cabinet installation is complete but there’s a lot more to do before we can call this turkey “done”. Here’s what the kitchen looked like when the cabinet installers left:
Even though it’s far from finished, it’s such a massive difference!
So here’s what’s going on at the moment…
- The mega-sized farmhouse sink we ordered was damaged, so we have to send it back. Unfortunately, this has set us back a week and we’re not going to be meeting our Christmas deadline. Boo! Once we get the replacement, the cabinet installers will come back out to install the sink (this particular sink is mounted to the cabinet rather than the countertop).
- We also have a few random pieces of crown molding that need to be ordered and installed (we didn’t quite order enough when the cabinets were ordered).
- After the above two things are completed, the countertop guys will come out to make the template (more on the countertop selection later).
- The stove and dishwasher are going to be delivered the beginning of next week followed by the range hood a few days later.
- You might notice the fridge sticking out a little. The water line for the fridge needs to be moved – it’s currently sticking out from the wall too far, so the plumber is coming out to install a recessed line. Once this is done, the fridge will be flush to the cabinetry.
Once all of those things are completed, then Ash will hopefully be feeling better from her surgery (not being able to be in the middle of things is driving her completely crazy!).