On the Set

revenge grayson living room chair

When it comes to movies, I like the black and white classics. Greg’s more on the sci-fi, adventure side of the spectrum. Though one genre where we meet in the middle is the spy, espionage, covert operations type movies. Love them! As far as TV shows go, we both watch a little bit of everything. We definitely each have our favorites, but we always take turns watching what the other one wants to watch. If I had a dollar for every Dr. Who episode I’ve had to sit through… Then again, he’s awesome enough to sit with me through episodes of Gilmore Girls and Revenge. Which, actually brings me to today’s post…

Today we’re talking Revenge. Ever since the pilot aired, I’ve been gawking over the set design. Especially when it comes to the Grayson mansion…

famous tv houses

Gorgeous, right? It’s like Ina Garten‘s house on steroids. Well, I’m sorry to say that it’s not real. Yep, even though it’s very indicative of the “common” Hamptons home, the exterior of the Grayson’s is computer generated. The same thing is not to be said about the interior, though. Well, sort of. The pilot was filmed in an actual home located in North Carolina. Later on (I’m guessing when ABC picked up the show), a team of ultra-talented set designers recreated the home’s interiors on a soundstage. Real house or not, the Grayson’s Hamptons mansion is full of some serious eye candy. So much eye candy that I have taken many a photo of the TV screen! Yes, Greg thinks it’s weird too.

Starting in the foyer… Check out the massive amounts of woodwork! This house is fuuuuull of it! Even though there is a whole lot of WHITE, the dark hardwood floors, doors, and window panes help ground the sea of white trim and really balances everything out. Love it!

Through the foyer is a lofty living room. I love this shot because you can see the high, interior windows really well. Because of this show, 1,000 foot ceilings and interior windows have been added to my “Dream Home Must Have List”.

I love, love, love the light fixtures in the dinning room and kitchen. They have huge glam factor, but still have a natural vibe to them. After some Google-ing, I found that they are by Oly. The extra large one above the dining table retails for $3,200 (check it out here).

revenge grayson kitchen lighting

Again, I’m really digging the black window panes and doors. I kind of, sort of wish I could get away with that here at our house, haha. Maybe if they were a little more lofty, but our 8′ high ceilings don’t make it on the “lofty” spectrum.

This chair in the Grayson’s living room is kind of like “Queen Victoria”‘s perch. Whenever she sits here, she’s either plotting her next move to derail Emily Thorne (played by Emily VanCamp from Brothers & Sisters), planning a glitzy gala. About a year and a half ago, I saw a this identical chair at Home Goods. Yes, Home Goods! Since watching the show, every time I go to Home Goods, I look for another “throne” but I’m sure they’re always snatched up pretty quickly – IF they even have any circulating anymore. When you type “Revenge” in Google, one of the suggestions is “Revenge Victoria’s chair”. Apparently a lot of people agree that it’s a great statement piece. Oh, and check out this post from Hooked on Houses. Julia hunts down a similar chair and has a lot more info about the show’s set too!

As for the house’s master bedroom, like the rest of the house, it’s full of yet some more beautiful white woodwork. It has a nice color pallet of warm yellows, light blues, and medium browns. Like a lot of the set, it’s identical to the house it’s based on, so you can get a better idea of what the rest of the bedroom looks like in this magazine feature of the house the set was based on.

The fictional Grayson mansion is complete with a pool house, which is the living quarters of their twenty-something son Daniel (hence the mess in the below photo). Rather different from the light and airy main house, it’s full of dark blues, rich brown accents, and concrete floors – yet, with it’s fair share of gorgeous white moldings. You can barely see it, but on the back wall near the entry, is a grouping of artwork that has a few nautical maps and a cool dog silhouette piece. Every time I see it, it reminds me of how I really want to do a silhouette of Bentley one day.

I really like the deep blue painted paneling paired with the bright white woodwork…

Not only do the set designers really know how to decorate, but they also now how to throw a good party! In pretty much every episode, it seems like the Graysons are hosting some kind of charity or political function. Every event is decked out in a specific color scheme and of corse there is always a lot of drama for entertainment. These pictures really don’t do them justice but here are a few…

Charity event on the yacht, anyone?

And my favorite “get together” they’ve had so far: the “low key” clam bake Emily put together for Daniel’s birthday. She (meaning the set designers) had a tent on the beach complete with white sheers, little white lights, over-sized topiaries, yellow and green flower arrangements, candles, blue checkered table cloths and lots of natural/rustic elements. My idea of a clam bake!

Looking for a little Revenge? Here’s a few easy upgrades that can bring some Hamptons to your space…

revenge victoria's chair

1. Greenhouse Chandelier from Ballard Designs 2. Large Atlantis Clam Shell from Z Gallerie, 3. Thurston Wing Chair (in Document Brown) from Ballard Designs 4. Montclair Mirror from Z Gallerie 5. Faux Driftwood Horse from Z Gallerie 6. Antique Mercury Glass Table Lamp from Pottery Barn

So what do you think about the Grayson’s Hamptons mansion? Love it or leave it? Do you take photos of the tv screen too? Please don’t tell me I’m alone, haha! Btw, if you are a Revenge fan too, check out their new production blog here. It’s really cool!

February 10, 2012 at 1:36 pm

That show is INSANE! I love it! I thought she was going to lose it all in the episode the other night! Every episode leaves me wanting to watch the next one NOW. LOL And yes awesome house!

February 10, 2012 at 1:38 pm

I love this show so much. And while the Grayson manor is exquisite, I much prefer the house that Emily Thorne (aka Amanda Clark) rents. It’s much more my taste. I’m a modest gal, so a $6mil home is more my taste than a $40mil home. 🙂

February 10, 2012 at 1:40 pm

Yes! I love Emily’s house too! I had a hard time deciding which one to blog about, haha.

February 10, 2012 at 1:38 pm

I started watching this show because I loved Emily’s character on Brothers and Sisters. All of the houses in the show are awesome, but I love the Grayson’s mansion the best. Fun post!

February 10, 2012 at 2:00 pm

I love this show too and agree that the decor is fantastic. I laughed when they showed the “low-key” clam bake. I think they spent more money on that clam bake than I did on my entire wedding!

February 10, 2012 at 2:03 pm

I know, right?! haha

February 10, 2012 at 2:01 pm

I love that show!!! The Grayson Mansion is gorgeous for certain. I would love to incorporate some of the ideas in my future home.

February 10, 2012 at 10:58 pm

I love this show too and all the sets – amazing. My other fave is Ringer with Sarah Michelle Geller – their Manhattan apartment is amazing. You much check out the closet in the master bedroom!

February 11, 2012 at 4:27 am

I adore Revenge! I have a new love for wednesday now. I agree with some of the other ladies… i completely dig Emily’s house! It’s a lot less glam and a lot more beachy but its still packed with some great vintage pieces, lovely hues and its just so cozy. Im pretty sure its my dream house. Porch swing? Heck yes. Plus having Jack stop by wouldnt be so bad either 🙂

February 11, 2012 at 11:03 am

Hi! You don’t know how happy I am to see this post– last week I posted about a TV show’s interior in my own blog and was wondering if it was TOO geeky to take pictures of the TV when I couldn’t find any online… looks like I’m not the only one who does weird things in the name of design!

Revenge is one of my favorite shows right now, ever since it premiered, and the showstopping architecture of the Greyson house is definitely on my “I love” list. But what about Nolan Ross’s modern house? That one’s pretty spectacular as well. 🙂

February 11, 2012 at 11:58 am

Haha, that’s funny! Who knows, it may be dorky but at least we’re not alone, haha!

February 12, 2012 at 6:50 pm

Love the show! As soon as I saw what this post was about, I thought “Surely she’s going to bring up ‘the’ chair!” I’ve seen it at HomeGoods off and on since the show started, sometimes the chair and sometimes a loveseat version. They’re still out there if anyone is looking!

Brooke @ Inside-Out Design
    February 23, 2012 at 3:55 pm

I can’t believe I haven’t seen that show!! Every time I see a commercial for it I turn to my husband and wail “why didn’t we start watching that?!” I want to watch it just for the house!! I’m going to add it to my Netflix list so I’ll stop being the only person who hasn’t seen it!

KJ and Co.
    February 23, 2012 at 8:07 pm

Holy cow. That place is enormous!

I haven’t watched the show, but wow, pretty interiors.

April 18, 2012 at 3:18 pm

Do you have picture of victoria closet, dressing room? I really adore the house!

April 18, 2012 at 3:21 pm

Thanks! I don’t think so… I took these photos of the screen over the course of a few episodes and I don’t think her closet was in any of them. You could always try Google! : )

April 25, 2012 at 9:17 pm

I gotta say I love, love, love Nolann Ross’ home so much more expecially the artwork! Does anyone know who the artist is of those massive black and white abstract pieces, the name of any of them, anything???? I watch that show JUST so I can see his house!! lol Actually, no that would be sooo disingenuous of me. I love this show for all the plot twists and turns, sex and dynamite set designs!!! I have NEVER been to a catered affair where the staff’s wore clothing that matched the decor!! I gotta say, I just might ask for that at my daughter’s wedding. You won’t mix a waiter with a guest that’s for sure!! 🙂

June 20, 2012 at 3:14 pm

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows what the exact color name of the blue paint in Emily’s room at the beach house….Just wanted to know I like it and want to paint my dinning room that color…

July 24, 2012 at 11:53 am

I’m slightly obsessed myself, although I can’t decide if it’s more blue or green – maybe silvermist or willow tree from SW? Did you ever find the info? Thanks in advance! Fun article …

lisa lattari
    July 21, 2012 at 11:23 am

I would like to know the name of the fabric that is in the kitchen and study of the Grayson masion?

July 21, 2012 at 12:58 pm

Hmm, I’m not sure… Anyone else notice it?

July 26, 2012 at 7:36 pm

Do you know the name of the tile used for the back splash of the Kitchen in the Grayson home. I love the kitchen!

November 1, 2012 at 11:20 am

I’m not sure of the exact brand, but it’s a simple, classic white subway tile that’s available at most tile stores. The grout is by Laticrete and the color is called Smoke Grey. Hope that helps!

August 11, 2012 at 5:06 pm

I am looking everywhere for the 2 chairs that were used in Episode 19 Absolution. Daniel & the reporter sat in them during his interview. They are white with a black wood trim. You can also see them in the view above of the living room, they are in the back by the piano. Can anyone help me. I have looked & looked!!!
    Thank you!

August 20, 2012 at 2:14 pm

The lovely sconces in Victoria’s entry and stairway area (see pic 2 and pic 5 above) are Franklin Ironworks
    Bold Curves collection and are so graceful. I searched for them for months after I saw them on the show. They look great on my white columns, too!

August 20, 2012 at 2:25 pm

Awesome! Thanks for the info! : )

Pam Rogers
    October 8, 2012 at 2:40 pm

I love the show, too, and the decor from Grayson Manor and Emily’s house. Does anyone have any idea who makes the light fixture in Emily’s kitchen…over the island…it’s an oversize woven shade, rectangular and slightly flared out at the bottom. I LOVE it and would love to get it for my kitchen!

October 22, 2012 at 7:06 pm

I wanted a photo of the dressing room of Victoria’s at Grayson Manor too. Luckily here in Ireland rte2 have shown the series slower than tv3! Ive sky+ it and taken a couple of photos, so if you want the images, let me know?! I needed them myself as i want to have something like it myself!

October 22, 2012 at 7:10 pm

Ashley, Ive responded to this for Meidy above! She calls it Victorias closet!

Katherine Loizos
    October 30, 2012 at 1:21 pm

I am a huge fan of Revenge. The set of Grayson Manor blows me away every week. But let me get to my question– I soooo hope someone can help me locate it. I see a contemporary abstract painting on the set that I had seen sold at Grandin Road. When I first saw I I recalled seeing it maybe 2 summers ago. It was at the same time I was selling my home and going into temporary housing for a while. I’ve thought about it every so often, but then a few weeks back I saw it on the set of Grayson Manor. I’m pretty sure as the Grayson Family were eating a meal I could see it past some of the family members. It has a pretty splash of blue (kind of like a seaglass blue) almost watercolor like. I am pretty sure but not positive it was on canvas– but it really wouldn’t matter to me. I went back to Grandin Road last week to see if they would have any inventory of thier old artworks but they said not. If anyone could help me find the artwork I WANT IT for my new home 🙂 I would be sooo excited if I could get the name of the artist or a location where I could by a copy!

December 5, 2012 at 11:16 pm

I’m painting my bedroom and I want the color of Charlotte’s room. What color is that blue?

February 7, 2013 at 8:10 am

You are NOT the only one that takes pictures of the TV screen. Keep on posting! Love it! I post them to my pinterest board. 😀

May 6, 2013 at 9:26 am

Hi obcessed with revenge and the decor! I really love charotte quilt cover,does anyone where i can get it or who designer is?

Ashley B.
    April 8, 2013 at 5:28 pm

I was anticipating Revenge before it premiered. I honestly didn’t think it would be as good as it is. I figured it was gonna be another “7 episodes & done” for ABC, but I was WAY off base. I love the show & how well the actors just seem to glide perfectly into their characters. Besides the ridiculous fashion (Emily is ALWAYS my fave, as she has that talk slender body that could make anything look great! Plus she wears a lot casual things that I would wear myself) of course you mentioned the set(s). I live in NC (close to Charlotte) but had no idea the pilot episode was shot here in my home state. NC has so many beautiful places throughout the state, like Wilmington (where One Tree Hill was shot, some of The Vampire Diaries, Dawson’s Creek, The Bachelorette (LOL!), even HBO’s Homeland shoots around the corner in Charlotte because of the metro resemblance to CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia, etc. etc.) I’m Sursprised that no one mentioned Nolan’s (played by Gabriel Mann) über chic bachelor (pad would be an understatement.) I think this season we are seeing more & more of the interior of his modern home. Being that Nolan is a “nothing but the best” kind of guy, it’s only right he have a home to match the man. I LOVE Nolan btw. He is hilarious with his quick wit, hilarious puns and best of all, his loyalty as a friend.
    Revenge is only going to gain moment as long as the writers keep us glued and anticipating the next step in Emily’s (Amanda) journey to right the wrongs that befell her father. I’ll end my rant of love for Revenge by just calling dibs on the gorgeous male specimen that is Aiden Mathis (played by Barry Sloane) I do love Daniel (played by Joshua Bowman) but once Aiden arrived in the Hamptons, things changed 🙂

May 6, 2013 at 8:38 pm

What colour is the green in Emilys Living room.

May 25, 2013 at 11:31 am

i would also love to know the color/brand of charletts room, i love the color and would love to use it in my house.

June 2, 2013 at 11:47 pm

I would LOVE to know where the actual mansion is, North Carolina but whereee? I want to google stalk! Please please!

June 12, 2013 at 11:46 pm

I wonder if anyone can help me find the artist name that did the drawing of the Black Swan on the wall in Victoria’ s “TV” room. It is in the scene where Emiky ad Vuctoria. Are having another show down and Emily sees Aiden on TV being arrested for the Grayson corp bombing. The picture is behind Victoria. I would like to know the set designer of the how or none who could tell me about ths painting.

June 28, 2013 at 7:38 am

Images of bike Art work in nolann Ross office.
    Who is the artist and where can I see a better image?

September 10, 2013 at 1:27 pm

do you know where you can get the curtians from charlottes room?

November 4, 2013 at 7:57 pm

There is a blue abstract painting in Nolan’s house, can anyone point me In the right direction on finding it or the artist who did it?

Thanks In advance

January 16, 2014 at 9:48 pm

If anyone knows the color of the bedroom that Emily Greyson is recovering in at the main house on the show, please let me know. I love this color blue!

Stephanie B
    January 19, 2014 at 12:49 pm

I’m LOVING Emily’s house in Revenge– especially her kitchen!

March 30, 2014 at 8:55 am

I would like to kmow the author of the canvas , the larger in Nolan Ross. House, the new one. the canvas is abstract and is besides the three art figures verticals as columns in the dining room. Their color are blue, yellow, red. In the wall.

May 27, 2014 at 8:29 am

Me too. I’m also after this print / painting. Would love to know where I can purchase ! It’s amazing

May 6, 2014 at 8:33 am

Hi, would love to know the artist behind the Blue Umbrellas picture in the Voulez offices? It’s on an exposed brick wall and it’s absolutely gorgeous.. Thanks

March 24, 2015 at 12:13 pm

I love that picture too, did you ever find out the artist or name of it?

May 12, 2014 at 4:38 pm

I love Nolan’s contemporary. I want to know who does the console/sideboard in his living room? Looks like it has mother of pearl accent on front?

July 30, 2014 at 5:00 pm

Where can I find a picture of the Abstract Painting that was the subject of a couple of the shows. It is white background with primary red, yellow and a small amount of light blue. I LOVE it.

October 28, 2014 at 10:44 pm

Lori Thomas
    May 31, 2015 at 11:16 am

Would love to know where I can get a clear picture and/or the artist of a piece of artwork in Nolan Ross’ home. It looks like a waterfall of colors and there is a brass floor lamp in front of it and under the artwork is a blond or light colored 3 door hutch. This is in season 2015. Also, would love to know the same about the blue umbrella piece in the Voulez offices. Thank you!

February 5, 2016 at 4:31 pm

I would love to know where to get some of the bed linens from the Southfork Inn where Conrad and his first wife staying. It’s driving me crazy to try and find them online. Anyone have any ideas?

July 1, 2016 at 1:31 am

Hmm… I’m not sure, BJ. If anyone knows, be sure to chime in!