valentine's day wrapping paper

Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and I’m sure all of you couples out there are gearing up for your annual Valentine’s traditions. Since Greg and I have been married, we’ve started our own little Valentine’s tradition of a quiet date night IN. Aside from the whole flowers and heart-shaped candy bit, the night usually consists of classic romantic movies (with the exception of the year when we watched An Affair to Remember and Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?. Yeah, that definitely proved to be a weird combination.) and take out from a favorite restaurant. It may sound simple, but to us, it’s a treat to take a break from the hustle and bustle of an ordinary week – and we don’t have to wait two hours for a table at a restaurant. Ha!

Along with our annual homegrown date night, we also exchange gifts with each other. When it comes to gifts for Greg, I love designing my own wrapping paper. It’s so much fun to make things that make him laugh and/or mean something to us. This year for his Valentine’s Day gift-wrapping, I’ve tuned in to his geeky side and made wrapping paper that says “I Love You” in binary code. You can’t get any geekier than that, right?

valentine's day wrapping paper

Just in case your Valentine is a geek like mine, here’s a free printable download in six different color combinations! To download the printable wrapping paper, just click here (or the image below).

geek wrapping paper

To make it super easy, and doable on pretty much any printer, these sheets are 8.5” x 11” – which is the perfect size for small boxes. Or, if you are looking for something for a larger package, you can also take the file to Kinko’s and have it blown up on a 36”x24” sheet for about four bucks.

Do you have any Valentine’s Day traditions? What are your plans this year?

Melanie @ Mailbox Journey
    February 8, 2012 at 8:53 am

Just kidding, hahah. It say’s “I love that binary wrapping paper! I’m a coding geek, so I’ve gotta love it :p”

February 8, 2012 at 9:19 am

Aaah, I love this! I’m married to a computer scientist myself and know he’ll appreciate the binary. I’m working on a handmade Valentine’s card for him, so maybe I can incorporate this paper into it somehow. Thanks for posting it!

February 8, 2012 at 11:29 am

THIS is too cute! And I love your Vday plans. I’m going to steal that idea when I have a special someone, ha!

Michelle L
    February 8, 2012 at 11:32 am

YES! Geek husbands represent! LOL

February 8, 2012 at 11:45 am

I LOVE the wrapping paper!! My hubby is a geek too, and I love it. I am definitely downloading that paper – thanks!

We don’t have a Valentine’s tradition really. We usually exchange cards. Sometimes flowers. One year we decided to go out for dinner and didn’t realize until we got to the restaurant that it was Valentine’s Day! Haha! Our very first Valentine’s together I got him bacon (yup) and he got me a little M&M candy jar. It’s totally cheesy, but I love it. And he still holds that the bacon was the best Valentine’s gift he had ever received. 🙂

February 8, 2012 at 2:20 pm

So cute and very creative!! I’ve never thought about printing wrapping paper at home!

Jessica F.
    February 8, 2012 at 10:27 pm

Clever geek is so hard to come by these days. AND you’ve combined two of my great loves: wrapping paper and MY geek! Thank you!

February 9, 2012 at 11:56 am

That is really cute! Such a genious idea!

Kristen @ Popcorn on the Stove
    February 10, 2012 at 11:19 am

This is an adorable idea! I love it!