I totally realize I said this last month, but where has the time gone, people?! It’s March! MARCH! That means it’s already 61 days into 2012 but it feels like we were just decking the halls and fa-la-la-la-la-ing. Next thing you know it will be Thanksgiving… again. Nevertheless, it’s the first blogging day of the month which means it’s time for our monthly installment of His + Her Favorite Things! Without further ado, I’m handing it over to Greg to get it started…
1. Bobino Cord Wrap – I love working with headphones on. It blocks out noise, lets me listen to good music on my #2 favorite thing this month, and generally makes me more productive. Only problem is I always stuff them in my pocket in the morning and end up with a tangled mess by the time I get set up at my desk at work. This little gadget is perfectly inexpensive and solves that issue nicely. Just wrap your cord around it, stuff it in your pocket or bag, and it’s exactly in the same spot as you left it.
2. Spotify – Several months ago, I found out about Spotify, but when I went to sign up, I found out it was invite only. Well, last week while Ash’s brother, Abram, was in town, I mentioned not having heard John Mayer’s most recent album. He said, “Just listen to it on Spotify!” Well, it’s been quite an experience ever since. Pretty much every artist I search for is available for immediate listening, and the ads aren’t that annoying. I’m not sure it’s worth $10/mo for the “premium” version so I can listen on my phone ad-free (two features not included in the free version), but it’s definitely something I’m considering.
3. Fetch Balls by Harry Barker – Bentley loves running around the house with tennis balls. I’m pretty sure that if we gave him ten of them, he’d end up with them all arranged around him wherever he decided to lay down. At least with these, he can match some of the colors in the rest of the house, right? Also, they come in smaller sizes so he doesn’t have to open his mouth so wide to carry them around.
4. Action Method – I’m working on a side project that’s going to require some project management, and after searching for free online project management services, this was the one I liked best. The interface is slick, and the methodology is simple. Generally speaking, you’re tasked with breaking up every project into smaller “Action Steps”. Basically, it turns even medium-to-large projects into reasonably simple to-do lists. There are also places to put future to-do items, reference documents, etc. I’m a big fan so far, and Ash just started using it too for our blog projects/business matters.
5. The Big Bang Theory – I know I’m behind the curve on this one, but I’ve really been enjoying The Big Bang Theory reruns that I’ve been catching when I have some free time. Being a pretty big geek myself, I actually identify with these guys a bit. I don’t think I was ever quite as socially inept as them, but Ash might tell you otherwise. I’m hoping to catch up on some of the current episodes soon.
6. X-Wing Silicone Ice Tray– I’m a big fan of enjoying the little things in life, and this cool (pun intended) silicone ice tray is one of those little things. Hopefully my lovely wife will take the hint and grab me a set. There are plenty of others out there, as well, so if you’re a particular fan of the Millennium Falcon or R2-D2, there are options for you, as well!
1. Tory Burch Oceanic iPhone Case – I used to be the type of person that would change my iPhone cover like my socks. But for some reason, since I got my new white 4Gs, I’ve been neglecting to get a cover for it. I think it has something to do with my love of white. I don’t know. But now I think it’s time that I hunker down, bite the bullet and finally get a cover. I have at least 10 covers I’ve got my eye on at the moment, but at the top of this list is this one by Tory Burch. I’m a big Tory Burch fan and I love the combo of orange, teal, and purple.
2. Pebble Double Bulb Vase by Dwell Studio – I love the texture on these vases! They are retro-inspired and the detailing had me at hello. If you click through to their website, you can see the detail a lot better! I also love the color. Come to think of it, it’s almost the same color as our guest room and utility room.
3. OPI Nail Polish in Atomic Orange – Along with my obsession for lip gloss is one for nail polish. I’m normally one for dark colors (black, dark brown, deep purple, and charcoal gray) but now that Spring is on the horizon, I’m lightening up my nail polish collection. I’m in love with this OPI color! I call it my “Hermès nail polish”. It’s the same orange as the Hermès boxes!
4. Zig Zag Jewelry Box from ZGallerie – Yep, another favorite from ZGallerie. What can I say, I guess I’m a fan girl! This is a perfect size box to corral your nail polish collection eh hem! or to store those pesky phone chargers. The zig zag pattern is classic and the black and white motif will go with pretty much any decor.
5. Deena & Ozzy Chain Tote – Okay, okay. This seems to be the month of mentioning obsessions. iPhone cases, lip gloss, nail polish, and now big bags. Oh, and I also have an obsession with pretty door knobs. And Martha Stewart Dog toys. So I pinned this bag on Pinterest a few weeks ago and finally placed the order for it yesterday. I love how big it is (it’s 19″ x 16.5″), it’s got the whole worn leather thing going on, and it’s only $58! It’s rare to find bags that big/cool looking under $100. The reviews on the UO website are mixed but I’m hoping for the best! Stay optimistic, people!
6. L’Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes – I’ve been using Dior mascara for yearrrrrs. I really liked how it “built up” my lashes (in a good way) and stayed in place forever. The $26 price tag was a bit annoying at times (especially for Greg, haha!) but it did it’s job well. Then I found Voluminous Million Lashes. Hello! This is stuff is awesome. I realize different mascaras work well for different people (kind of like shampoo) but this mascara works really well for me. The “Millionizer” brush is really nice and separates/fans the lashes really well. It’s only $7 a tube – and that’s much more understandable in Greg’s head, haha!
How about you? Do you have any current favorites? Are you obsessed with nail polish and pretty door knobs too? Share with the class in the comment section…