Recipes

FANCY RAMEN NOODLES

peanut butter ramen noodles

You know those nights when you’re super busy, your brain is going in a million directions and the question “what are we doing for dinner?” seems to just creep up at the most horrible moment possible? One of our favorite fast, cheap, quick and easy meals is what we call, “Peanut Butter Ramen”. I know that probably sounds absolutely disgusting, but it’s actually really good!Β If you like Thai food, actually, even if you don’t like Thai food (because I don’t, Greg does) you need to give this concoction a try…

1 Package of Ramen Noodles (any flavor is okay, but we recommend Chicken)
2 Tablespoons of Chunky Peanut Butter
1 Tablespoon of Soy Sauce
2 Teaspoons of Sriracha Chili Sauce (found in the International food section)
1 Thinly Sliced Scallion for Garnish (optional)

Start out by prepping the Ramen Noodles as directed on the package. Once it’s finished, drain most of the broth – only leave about a tablespoon or two. While the noodles are still hot, add the chunky peanut butter. Once the peanut butter is melted completely, add the soy sauce and Sriracha and stir until everything is evenly combined.

This is the point where Greg likes to add more Sriracha but let me warn you, it’s HOT. Call me a whimp, but I stick with 2 teaspoons.

Garnish with a few slices of scallions and you’re good to go! If you want something a little extra, add some grilled chicken. Make sure you eat it while it’s still hot!

Beth
    March 23, 2012 at 9:44 am

Now THIS is the kind of cooking I’ll actually do – I might even try it tonight!

Melanie
    March 23, 2012 at 9:52 am

Wow, that’s so weird – lol.
    We’ve come up with many Ramen Noodles concoctions, but never thought about adding peanut butter! We’ll have to try this sometime. πŸ™‚

Kristin
    March 23, 2012 at 10:04 am

This sounds amazing! Can’t wait to try it!

Charlotte
    March 23, 2012 at 11:50 am

Ashley, have you worked out the weight watchers points for this? Is it a “treat” or something that you can fit in your day easily?
    Charlotte

March 23, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Yep, it’s 10 points total (5 for the Ramen, 5 for the chunky peanut butter, and the Sriracha and Soy Sauce are 0 points). It’s very filling and perfect for a quick meal!

Jasmine
    March 23, 2012 at 12:52 pm

Wow! Sounds yummy! and I too have tried all kinds of additions to my Ramen but never thought of that one.. I may have to try this – this weekend probably!

Mary Pierce
    March 23, 2012 at 3:14 pm

I wouldn’t make a meal of this, however I am always looking for a quick tasty side dish that my kids will actually swallow. We all like peanut sauce on Thai food, so I think this will work. I can see serving this with a simple fish dish or grilled chicken. Quick and easy.

Chris
    March 23, 2012 at 4:24 pm

Just made it, left more of the broth in than recipe called for. Instead of scallions I used chopped up cilantro. Very good!

March 23, 2012 at 5:38 pm

Glad you liked it! We’ll have to remember the cilantro tip in case we don’t have scallions : )

Allison
    March 24, 2012 at 3:18 pm

I love everything about this recipe. Thank you so much for posting it! I love peanut sauce but never buy it because it’s $4 a bottle! Made it for lunch today and added some grilled chicken – I think this is definitely going to be a new go-to recipe for me!

Carrie
    March 25, 2012 at 2:45 pm

I just made this today – thanks for the recipe! It was nice to whip up something a little different for a quick lunch πŸ™‚

Brooke
    October 2, 2012 at 1:32 pm

I make this ALL the time, it’s my favorite quick lunch! I add a teaspoon or two of honey sometimes to give it a sweet kick, and I usually just stick with creamy peanut butter because I think it mixes better. Thank you so much for posting this, it’s kept a hungry college girl fed!

Jamie
    October 9, 2012 at 11:11 am

Made this last night. It was surprisingly very yummy! next time I’ll try a little less peanut butter, more soy sauce and experiment with some veggies!

Heather
    March 27, 2013 at 8:47 pm

Try it chilled. I love cold spicy peanutbutter noodles

Eden
    December 31, 2014 at 6:19 pm

I just found this recipe on Pinterest while looking for a super quick, easy & delicious recipe for tonight’s dinner. Particularly using up the leftover roast chicken from last night.
    When I came across this one I gave up the search. I read the instructions, walked into my kitchen & threw it together. That was about 20 minutes ago. I would like to say that I am now eating the tastiest ramen I have had in my entire life! This is going in my recipe book.

And also, I agree with you about the Sriracha! I only used 1 teaspoon & that is perfect for me. Lol, I don’t know how your husband adds more!

Lindsey
    June 16, 2015 at 5:42 pm

I may be to late to ask this, but do you add the seasoning packet still?

June 17, 2015 at 1:08 pm

Yep, I added the seasoning packet as well!

Chandra
    October 19, 2015 at 4:10 pm

I love making this. I like to add peanuts or sesame seeds if I have them on hand and a lime wedge. Super easy and delish!

Eva Whitley
    November 2, 2015 at 1:01 pm

Might be more Weight Watchers-friendly to sub in spaghetti squash for the ramen. (I’ve made it, and it’s delicious, but it’s hard to make for 1.) And I’ve made this with a packet of Duck Sauce added in.