Recipes

INSIDE-OUT CINNAMON ROLLS

inside out cinnamon rolls

Just in time for the weekend, we’re bringing you a favorite breakfast treat. Our very special, super simple, ooy gooey, magically delicious Inside-Out Cinnamon Rolls. Enjoy them right out of the oven with a good cup of coffee or even the day after with a Diet Coke. Whatever, you’re preference, if you have a sweet tooth, you’ll love these little guys.

To make these little pockets of goodness, you only need four ingredients – and they just might surprise you…

• 1 Can of Crescent Rolls
  • 8 Marshmallows
  • 1/2 Stick of Butter (melted)
  • Cinnamon Sugar

The assembly is super easy and could even be a fun activity for the kiddos to join in. Just roll the marshmallow in melted butter, followed by the cinnamon and sugar…

Wrap the crescent roll dough around the marshmallow. Make sure there aren’t any holes (especially on the Β bottom) so the cinnamon sugary goodness doesn’t seep out while baking.

I used a nonstick muffin pan, but if your’s isn’t nonstick, make sure to spray the pan with cooking spray. Use some of the left over butter and brush on the outside of the bundles. Bake on 375Β° for 12 minutes or until they’re golden brown…

The marshmallow disappears and turns into a clear glaze. That combined with the cinnamon sugar makes a very tasty (and non-messy) cinnamon roll.

They are so so good right out of the oven, but if you save a few for the next day, they are good room temperature too. To reheat, Β just pop it in the microwave for about 6 seconds.

Melinda
    April 13, 2012 at 8:25 am

These look soooo good! Your photography is really good. πŸ™‚

Rach
    April 13, 2012 at 8:26 am

If these are anywhere near as good as the Fancy Ramen you posted a while back, I’m making these tonight! They look awesome!

Lindsay
    April 13, 2012 at 8:27 am

That’s really cool how the marshmallow disappears, I never thought of that before. Thanks for sharing! πŸ˜€

Melanie
    April 13, 2012 at 8:29 am

Those look really, really yum even though I don’t really care for marshmallows. Gorgeous pictures too!

P.S. Two things – Inside is spelled wrong in your title, you have the “i” and “d” switched – the second thing, you have two grey boxes over your pictures in Firefox, I had the same issue on my blog, turns out it’s from the Facebook like button after your post, I removed mine, and the problem went away.

April 13, 2012 at 8:32 am

Thanks for the heads up! I’m the QUEEN of typos these days! I’ll have to get Greg on the grey boxes stat. I leave the technical stuff to him, haha. Thanks again!

April 13, 2012 at 8:37 am

I see the gray boxes in Safari too! Ugh.
      We’ll get right on that. Thanks again : )

Greg
        April 13, 2012 at 12:03 pm

I’ve temporarily removed the Facebook Like button until we can figure it out. Thanks for letting us know!

Ammy Belle
    April 13, 2012 at 8:42 am

Oh Yum … just the temptation I needed to tell my boss I am taking a half day. I am stopping by the grocery store on the way home! Thanks for this! πŸ™‚

Megan
    April 13, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Oh yum! I have to try this, thanks!…btw, what type of camera do you have? Very nice lighting.

April 13, 2012 at 2:15 pm

Thanks! I use a Canon 5d Mark II. Sunlight is the best lighting for photos : )

joy c.
    April 13, 2012 at 3:01 pm

yuuuuuuum!!! πŸ˜‰ me needs to try this easy peasy recipe! πŸ˜‰ thanks!

Christin
    April 13, 2012 at 3:11 pm

OMG! I cannot wait to try these!! Thanks for sharing. πŸ™‚

NATASHA
    April 13, 2012 at 4:48 pm

My parents are coming to visit and they prefer coffee and toast for breakfast. I am definitely going to try these when they come. My dad will especially love them I think. Thanks for the share. Make it a great weekend!

Barb
    April 13, 2012 at 7:49 pm

Are these on WW?

Did you ever try the turkey chili recipe from WW that I sent you?

April 13, 2012 at 9:39 pm

Not yet, but it’s on my list of recipes to try out soon. I’m looking forward to it!
      Let’s just say these are “better” for you than normal cinnamon buns, haha. They are about 4 or 5 points a piece. Something to spend your banked points on : )

Sarah @ Freestyle Home/Life
    April 13, 2012 at 11:23 pm

Oh my god, what a brilliant and delicious-looking idea! Thanks for sharing, we’ll have to try this.

Erin @ The Great Indoors
    April 15, 2012 at 11:52 am

My God, these look good! I was wondering where the marshmallows came in. Can’t wait to try this recipe!

Misty
    April 15, 2012 at 10:29 pm

Holy shitake mushrooms these look freakin amazing! I just started on a super healthy eating kick (trying to drop some poundage for an upcoming event) but these are definitely going into my “future recipes to try” file! Love the blog!!!

Christy B
    April 16, 2012 at 12:11 pm

These look heavenly!! These are going on my “Must Try Immediately” list πŸ™‚ Thanks for sharing!

Cortney
    April 17, 2012 at 11:53 am

These were so delicious.. strongly considering experimenting with different kinds of marshmallows (maybe s’mores or chocolate with some cream cheese or jam?)

April 17, 2012 at 11:56 am

I’m glad you liked them!! Yes! I was thinking about adding a few chocolate chips to each one. Or use cream cheese instead of butter. The S’mores idea is great!

Alison H.
    April 18, 2012 at 11:48 am

AWESOME recipe, I saw this a day before branding and guess what?!?! I was the queen of a great breakfast for all my cowboys! My only fault was not taking enough time to get them all sealed up before cooking, oops – turns out the boys loved the messy look! Thank you again!