Dead Ringer Deals

DEAD RINGER DEALS: VOL. I

The Look for Less  |  7th House on the Left

While I was at Tuesday Morning the other day (the same day I scored the topiaries for the front door), I witnessed one of those mega man-I-wish-I-would-have-that deals. It was an awesome queen headboard; a tall, gorgeous beauty with beige linen fabric with brushed nickel nail-head detail for $230. I really wanted to take a photo of it, but I’m pretty sure she would have thought I was crazy! It looked familiar, but it wasn’t until I got home later that I realized where I’d seen it. Restoration Hardware has a very similar version for $1,435! Talk about a perfect example of stealing the look for less!

With the blog, decorating our house, and helping friends/family put together rooms for their house, I tend to do a lot of furniture browsing. And from time to time, I stumble on some pretty good “dead ringer deals”. Well, some of the comparisons might not be complete dead ringers, but they’re pretty close! On that note, I thought it would be fun to do a little side-by-side action and share some of my findings here on the blog. After all, who doesn’t love a deal?! Or maybe a splurge? ; )

Look 1: Fretwork Mirror, Greek Key Mirror / Look 2: Anders Night Stand (27″ wide), Room Essentials Espresso Night Stand / Look 3: Kingsbury Tufted Sofa, Aristocrat Sofa

How about you? Spy any good deals lately? Or indulge yourself with a good splurge?

Ashley {GirlyObsession}
    August 29, 2012 at 10:35 am

This is GREAT! I love finding deals!! Thanks for sharing these, looking forward to Vol 2 πŸ™‚

Tracy
    August 29, 2012 at 1:03 pm

I love these! Do you ever read Copy Cat Chic?

August 29, 2012 at 1:09 pm

No, I’ll have to check it out though : )

Heidi
    August 29, 2012 at 1:05 pm

Amazing finds! I love that mirror. Thanks for sharing.

Caitlin @ Desert Domicile
    August 29, 2012 at 1:07 pm

Love that mirror! It’d look great painted a fun color! I splurged on a chesterfield loveseat over the weekend πŸ™‚ I’ve wanted one forever and it was more than 1/2 off so I bit the bullet and bought it. It’s being delivered today and I can.not. wait!

Megan @ The Mego Blog
    August 29, 2012 at 1:14 pm

Great finds! I love the idea of finding a designer piece and then finding (or making) its equivalent. It’s like your version of Sabrina Soto’s show The High Low Project (which I loooove)!

Christina @ Homemade Ocean
    August 29, 2012 at 1:52 pm

So my favorite thing about this post….

That there is a “Volume 1” in the title.

I am hoping that means many more!!!

Ofelia, from MΓ©xico City
    August 29, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Hi, I have been reading your blog some time ago but this is the very first time I write a comment. I just wanna say that I love a good deal badly and this post about get the look for less is just so useful. The white items on the right side are lovely (my favs), and the prices just not cheap but close (I want one chesterfield really badly). Sadly, I live in a Mexico City, and here we have not stores like Target or something like that. But this side by side comparation is awesome! More of that!

Sarah @ Freestyle Home/Life
    August 29, 2012 at 9:24 pm

It’s so interesting looking at these items and comparing how similar the designs are, yet at such dramatically different prices. Great job finding these, and you should totally do a series on this if you can dig up more!

Erin {Home Everyday}
    August 30, 2012 at 3:43 pm

Isn’t it amazing the things that are available for so much cheaper?! With the money someone could save on a dead ringer, he/she could take a trip πŸ™‚

Abby
    August 31, 2012 at 11:56 am

I bought that same headboard two weeks ago at Tuesday Morning! Well, the king size. It also had a tiny bit of dirt on the top corner from being moved, so they gave us an extra 30% off! It came right off with a damp cloth, too. $250 for a king sized headboard that looks JUST like the RH one?! I was giddy!