Kitchen Shopping + Thrifting

SITTING PRETTY

West Elm Rustic Bar Stools / 7th House on the Left

The other day (in this post), I gave myself 36 hours to make a decision and order counter stools for the kitchen. Well, I am very pleased to say… I did it. I actually did it!

Last night, we purchased two of these lovely Rustic Barstools from West Elm. Our local West Elm was closed a few years ago (boo!), so we had to order them online. When I clicked to order a “Set of 2”, it said “This item is on backorder until January 9, 2013”. Nooooooooo… We really wanted them in time for the holidays so I sat and pouted a bit but then got to thinking. If I purchased two of the single stools, it would only be $1 more. So, that’s what I did. Estimated shipping ended up being around November 8th. Much better than 2013.

I’m beyond excited about these stools. I cannot wait to actually see them in place. Until then, we’ll just have to enjoy this Photoshopped version…

Funny thing, I didn’t realize this until we already placed the order, but one of the product images for the dining chair version is staged in a kitchen that looks similar to ours…

Pretty similar, right?! Right down to the farmhouse sink. Obviously, we’ll post pictures of the barstools in our kitchen once we get them in. We’re still waiting for the blinds to come in. Hopefully it will be soon. Once those two things are crossed off the list, this turkey kitchen is DONE. About time, right? ; )

Trish
    November 2, 2012 at 9:19 am

Yeah – you picked my favorite option! Can’t wait to see what they look like.

Sarah
    November 2, 2012 at 9:24 am

Those were my favorite too! I think they’re going to look great! Can’t wait to see them in place.
    Sarah

Christina @ Homemade Ocean
    November 2, 2012 at 9:31 am

Yayyyy…cant wait to see them

Tracie
    November 2, 2012 at 9:37 am

Love those! They look modern while also looking warm and cozy. Can’t wait to see real pictures!

PY
    November 2, 2012 at 9:47 am

Great choice! I’ve also been eyeing those glass pendants in that last West Elm photo for my new white kitchen!

Heidi
    November 2, 2012 at 9:54 am

Gorgeous! Man I wish those chairs were made in the USA. I’d get them in a heartbeat if they were.

Courtney
    November 2, 2012 at 10:15 am

These are the stools we’ve pretty much settled on for the peninsula in our kitchen too! They are soo comfortable!

Naomi
    November 2, 2012 at 2:24 pm

I love them!

β™₯ Naomi {Starry Eyes + Coffee Cups}

Jennifer
    November 2, 2012 at 3:16 pm

Yay! You decided on bar stools! Absolutely love them. Great choice.

Holly
    November 2, 2012 at 3:56 pm

Hilarious on purchasing as singles instead of “set of 2” and getting them when you want for only $1 more! Just gotta shake your head on who is thinking what on that weirdness! These are perfect and your PS version was so spot on I had to do a triple take it looked so real!

November 2, 2012 at 4:01 pm

haha! I lucked out I guess. The product lighting was spot on for that spot in our kitchen, haha.

Jennifer Russell
    November 2, 2012 at 7:37 pm

LOVE these stools! I was hoping you would pick them.

Brandy
    November 2, 2012 at 7:57 pm

I think you picked the perfect stools for your kitchen. I also think you’re the Tip of the Month on HGTV. It’s about putting your phone/ipod in a glass to listen to music and it said Ashley from Virginia. So of course I clicked over to your bloggy to see if you lived in Virginia and you do. πŸ™‚ You may have said something and I missed it, but I thought it was neat anyway.

November 2, 2012 at 9:49 pm

No way!!!! We haven’t seen it! Thanks for the heads up! haha

dana828
    November 2, 2012 at 9:28 pm

Great stools!
    West Elm is weird with their stock & shipping. I placed an order for the white pintuck duvet & shams for my guest room a few weeks ago (having coveted it for over a year!), and they claimed it was backordered and would ship in mid-November (I needed it by Thankgiving when my in-laws are coming). Two days later I got a shipping confirmation, and had them in less than a week. WIN! πŸ™‚

November 2, 2012 at 9:56 pm

So weird! Good thing you got the bedding in time though : )

Jessica @ Decor Adventures
    November 4, 2012 at 8:20 pm

Isn’t that funny how it happens? You order something you’ve been looking at all along. I think they look great in your space, even Photoshopped πŸ™‚ I find the back order items usually come in earlier, but better to have them.

Hometipster.com
    November 8, 2012 at 5:07 am

I really love those chairs and stools. I really like their rustic look and would fit in with any kitchen style be it contemporary or cottage.

Mrs. B
    November 10, 2012 at 3:48 pm

I cant wait to see your post once they arrive! Ive been looking at counter stools for months and just haven’t been able to pull the trigger yet.