His + Her Favorite Things

HIS + HER FAVORITE THINGS

It’s that time of the month again where we rally up a few of our current favorite things. Is it just me, or is this year flying by? I feel like we were just taking down the Christmas decorations last week and now we’re looking at summer. Before we know it, it will be time to start coordinating Thanksgiving plans. Crazy. Anyway, moving on. This month, I’m going to take the lead – mainly because I think my fave things are prettier than Greg’s, haha!

Her Favorite Things / 7th House on the Left

ONE // So, I just now saw this little guy on the West Elm website. But. He’s not available anymore. I think it’s time to start a petition to bring him back. #ilovesquirrels TWO // We picked up one of these Nate Berkus frames for the new foyer table (coming your way next week!) and every time I walk by, I love it even more. There isn’t a link available online, but the frame is still in store. THREE // I’ve been listening to this album non-stop for about two weeks now. I’ve even gone as far as to make “On Top of the World” my new ringer. I think I can now officially be called a “fan”. FOUR // Even though we’re not quite ready to tackle the master bedroom just yet, I’ve been keeping my eye out for bedding. I love this design and think it would look great with the vibe we want – or, at least the vibe we want this week, haha.

His Favorite Things / 7th House on the Left

ONE // I’m taking a long weekend, a mini “staycation” if you will, so Ashley and I are going to head to Colonial Williamsburg to see the sights. It’s pretty cool that all of that history is just a short drive away from home. TWO // Goodbye Google Reader, hello Feedly. It has several different layouts, too, so if you’re not a fan of the magazine-style layout, you can always switch to a list view or something completely different. THREE // I end up with a lot of mail stacked up on my desk (despite the fact that I try my hardest to be as paperless as possible). This mail sorter is a great way to keep things from just piling up and it adds some great color (one of my favorites at that). FOUR // It seems like every time we’re doing or planning a project, I end up needing to cut something at a perfect 45-degree angle. I usually end up winging it, which isn’t the best course of action when things need to line up just right. This is a purchase I don’t think I’d ever regret making and, it needs to happen pretty soon (especially for some of the projects we have coming up).

So, what are you guys up to this weekend? Like I mentioned in Favorite #1, Ash and I are going to be chillaxing on our mini staycation, complete with picnics, shopping, people-watching and a whole lot of nothing.  Here’s to the weekend!

Sara
    April 26, 2013 at 10:59 am

I’ve had that Nate Berkus frame for a few months and smile every time I walk by it. Love it. Buy some Williamsburg souvenirs this weekend, I work for a publishing company in Ashland, and they are one of our biggest customers, 🙂 I spend a lot of time making postcards, coffee mugs, calendars etc. for them. Have fun!

S Moore
    April 26, 2013 at 11:31 am

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Colonial Williamsburg! One of our best family vacations took place there! Enjoy!

Christine @ Little House On The Corner
    April 26, 2013 at 11:34 am

Just got ourselves a saw just like it! Had been winging it for over 2 years and all I can say is Get one! Now! Honestly don’t know why we didn’t buy one much sooner! We tried it out on a little test project this week. http://www.littlehouseonthecorner.com/our-super-bowl/

Kala M.
    April 26, 2013 at 12:51 pm

I loved Colonial Williamsburg. My husband and I went two years in a row for vacation. We bought the multi-pass that let’s you visit all of the different sites and included access to Busch Gardens. Most of our time was spent at the historical sites though.

kristen
    April 26, 2013 at 2:17 pm

pleasepleaseplease try paul’s deli if you haven’t been there! 🙂 it’s across the street from zable stadium a few blocks from DOG street. have fun! we love williamsburg 🙂

Lori H
    April 26, 2013 at 3:42 pm

You may already know where to go eat in the Burg, but don’t miss Cheese Shop sandwiches and if you want to splurge for dinner, the Fat Canary is incredible!

kristen
      April 27, 2013 at 8:49 pm

mmmmm the cheese shop!

John @ Our Home from Scratch
    April 26, 2013 at 6:47 pm

Hope you pick up a miter saw! We got a new one about a year and a half ago and I can’t DIY without it! Here’s an overview of miter saws I wrote a while back. Hope it helps!

Zee
    April 27, 2013 at 7:26 am

Oh I LOVE Imagine Dragons – that whole album is amazing! Just hoping I can see them live some time. 🙂 I’ve always liked your taste in other things – nice to see it applies to music as well! 🙂

Dani
    April 27, 2013 at 9:05 pm

Absolutely love that duvet! And I had been wondering if the rest if the Imagine Dragons album was as good as the radio cuts. Thanks for the recommendation!

karen sunday
    April 30, 2013 at 1:20 pm

HI, I love your foyer BEAUTIFUL! I love your young hip vibe. I just want to tell you I bought the west elm sheets about 1 and 1/2 years ago wash and hang them outside about once a week and they are awesome holding up well perfect cotton sheets. thanks for all your great ideas,Karen

Reese
    April 30, 2013 at 8:40 pm

Ashley I’m sooo excited that you like that bedding! I bought it a few weeks ago and it’s still in the package because I’m indecisive and don’t trust myself sometimes. It makes me feel so much better that you like it too since you always do things that I LOVE in your house! Thanks for giving me a little more confidence. 🙂

Margaret
    May 8, 2013 at 5:05 pm

I have the West Elm squirrel and LOVES it!! I got it for my anniversary last year. I LOVE squirrels and acorns like a crazy person and even live on Acorn Drive, lol!! As soon as I saw the squirrel in the West Elm catalog I HAD to have it and told someone to get it for me as an anniversary present since it was right around the corner. Of course I was half joking and then my friend said she’s get it for me and I thought she was joking too until she showed up with this amazingly wrapped gift from West Elm. I really hope they bring it back just for you and all those other squirrel loving nuts 🙂