Happy Weekend Pet Talk

HAPPY WEEKEND: THE SUMMER CUT

This week, you may have noticed that we’re experimenting with a new, more organic approach to blogging – something we’ve been wanting to try out for a while, but just didn’t have the guts to, haha. Admittedly, we originally planned on part 2 of the roadside table to go up yesterday, rather than early this morning (we had some last minute family come in out of town to stay with us). We’re just going to see how the new blogging vibe goes and reassess in a few weeks.

Happy Weekend | 7th House on the Left

Another new thing we’d like to implement around here are what we’re calling “happy weekend posts”. For us, Fridays are relatively low visitor traffic days compared to the rest of the week, so rather than squeezing in a post with a project that some of you guys might not even notice, we thought we’d have some fun and talk about randomness and our plans for the weekend. Sound like fun? Good deal.

Pomeranian Summer Cut | Bentley | 7th House on the Left

Bentley got his summer cut a few days ago and I must say, he’s looking rather dapper. Whenever he comes home from the groomer, he’s so tired that he pretty much just naps for the rest of the day. The next morning is a totally different story. It’s like he realizes he has a new look and wants to brag about it to anyone who will listen. Greg thinks he looks like he has a farmer’s tan, haha!Β He’s so cute. And he knows it.

We’ve got a packed weekend ahead of us. Tonight, we’re getting together with my cousins from Charlottesville and Los Angeles (whom you might remember from this post). Greg and I see all of them individually a few times throughout the year, but we all try to get together about this time every year when Danny, Sarah and the kids come to town from LA. It’s always fun to catch up, talk and see everyone’s fast-growing kids. Greg and I are the only ones in the bunch without kids, so we’ll just be the fun cousins that bring crayons!

As for the rest of the weekend, we’re tackling the carport ceiling. We may not get anything hung/painted/stained before Monday rolls around, but we’re going to make a decision on what treatment we’re going to use and gather the supplies we need. To say I’m a bit nervous is an understatement. This is the kind of DIY project we haven’t tackled before, so we don’t really know what to expect. Regardless, here goes nothing. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Top image background via.

Melly
    May 31, 2013 at 11:06 am

We’re the only ones in our big family without kids too! I always print out coloring pages and bring them to family get togethers and I’m not the cool aunt who brings crayons too. haha!

May 31, 2013 at 11:08 am

That’s what I’m doing right now! Btw, I found a great source for Disney coloring pages. Here’s the link in case you need it, haha.

Lisa
    May 31, 2013 at 11:06 am

First of all, Bentley is adorbs. Secondly, I really like the idea of “happy friday posts”. There will always be something difference and I think it will help us feel like we know you guys more too. Hope you have a good weekend!

Sara
    May 31, 2013 at 11:50 am

Maybe the “more organic approach” will mean more posts??

May 31, 2013 at 11:51 am

Maybe! If we have a lot going on during the week, then there might be more than our usual three posts a week. We shall see! : )

Sarah
    May 31, 2013 at 12:24 pm

Bentley definitely looks like he has a farmers tan! He’s too cute.
    I like the idea of happy Friday posts. Sounds like fun! Enjoy your weekend.

Barbara
    May 31, 2013 at 1:41 pm

Ashley and Greg,
    Your blog is one of my favorites! I love your home and your projects, but don’t burn yourself out trying to do too much too fast. Great idea for the Happy Friday posts with talk about your weekend plans. BTW Bentley looks very cute!

May 31, 2013 at 2:03 pm

Thank you so much! Your comment made our day : )

Emily
    May 31, 2013 at 2:29 pm

I like the Happy Friday idea and congrats on going “organic” with your regular posts – I always feel like that makes a blog’s content even better πŸ™‚

Katrina
    May 31, 2013 at 2:44 pm

Have a fun weekend you little doggy is so cute! πŸ™‚

Chris
    May 31, 2013 at 3:19 pm

Omg Bentley is the cutest! He poses well for the camera! πŸ™‚

May 31, 2013 at 3:54 pm

He said, “thank you” ; )

Serena | Pretty Fluffy
    June 1, 2013 at 3:35 am

Bentley is the cutest!! Happy weekend guys xx

Kelly Yamauchi
    June 2, 2013 at 11:16 am

Hi Ashley and Greg,

Bentley looks so cute!!! It looks like he knows he’s being photographed. LOL! He looks smart too. πŸ˜€

June 3, 2013 at 11:33 am

We want to institute a more casual, less structured blogging schedule. For instance, if I’m up at 2:00 thinking about sofas, you might just find a new post at 2:30 am. We also want to blog about projects in even more “real time” than we currently do. The way this week is shaping up, I’m pretty sure there are going to be 4 posts instead of 3. In that case, this change will probably result in more posts per week on average. Hopefully this is a good change!