Carport + Patio

CARPORT MAKEOVER UPDATE

Carport Before / 7th House on the Left

So, I’m popping in to give an update on the carport ceiling project. But, as it turns out, I have nada to report. If you live in the area, you know that we’ve been pummeled with rain for the last few days. Like, seriously, tons of rain. And tornadoes – which are definitely not on my “fun list”.

Carport Progress / 7th House on the Left

Because of the intense weather, our lumber guy wasn’t able to cut or deliver the wood this weekend like we’d hoped. Greg talked to him Sunday afternoon and he said as soon as the rain clears up, he’s cutting our lumber and getting it to us as soon as possible. That being the case, we’re keeping our fingers crossed and hoping the rain will hold off long enough to get the lumber cut and delivered. We’re expecting some rain on Thursday, but if we have the boards by then, you’ll find me outside under the carport staining away rain or shine. Shoot, even if we have another Tornado Watch I’d be out there. Okay, maybe not… but this girl is ready to get this party started.

Stephanie @ simplebees.blogspot.com
    June 11, 2013 at 12:22 pm

I wondered how y’all were with the recent storms. (We used to live in Mechanicsville, but bought our house in Chesterfield.) Glad to hear that everything is well, except for the delay in your project! Some of my projects were delayed too.. mainly gardening/yard tasks.

June 11, 2013 at 12:30 pm

Yes! We’re so thankful an actual tornado didn’t touch down. A funnel formed in the sky right above the house behind us, but was gone in about 10 minutes or so. Very unsettling.

Michelle
    June 11, 2013 at 2:21 pm

My projects have been delayed too. I live on the western edge of WI, near the MN border and it has been rain, rain, rain (and severe thunderstorms and one tornado warning). I have new windows we had installed that need finishing on the inside that I can’t take apart, because I can’t leave the sashes out all day. We get one nice (albeit humid) day and a week to 10 days of rain this last 4 weeks (top that off with a blizzard in May).

I love how you are using your space out there!! πŸ™‚

Angie
    June 11, 2013 at 2:27 pm

Bummer! Well, I’m sure it’ll be worth the wait.

caroline
    June 11, 2013 at 4:03 pm

Oh man….I’ve been checking all weekend to see an update!!!! I think this project sounds great & I can’t wait to see it!!! BTW you 2 are sooo cute!!!! And your puppy, Bentley, don’t get me started about how cute that puppy is!!!! That haircut…adorable!!! hahaha I just started following your blog recently & I am addicted!!!

June 11, 2013 at 4:22 pm

Thanks so much!! Glad you found us : )

Adam
    June 15, 2013 at 11:50 pm

Hi! Just found your blog. I’m very interested to see finished photos of project. I live in Fargo, ND and we have been hit with a ton of rain the past few weeks as well. Mother nature has been slowing down a few of my projects as well πŸ™ Since it looks like you’ll be using Oak boards I totally agree with your decision to stain vs. paint. I think Oak is a bit too grainy for paint, however some people love it. Too each his own I guess. I will be sure to check back later to see how things went. Keep up the good work!