Happy Weekend

Whew, this week as flown by. On top of normal everyday things… we finished our landscaping project, installed a light fixture in the covered patio, did some prep work for a new lineΒ coming this Fall to Brown & Barkley (yay!), Greg wrapped up two huge projects at work, I finished four graphic design projects, designed a new website and planned out details for my family’s 2014 reunion. We aren’t quite slowing down this weekend because we’re determined to get this carport-turned-covered patio makeover under our belts.

Happy Weekend / 7th House on the Left

As for our plans this weekend, we’re going to be painting the carport covered patio floor. We’ve gone back and forth with all of the staining, epoxy, and sealing options and ultimately decided that a good clean few coats patio paint is just what we need. You can have patio paint matched to any color of the rainbow, but we’re not going to go too crazy with color. We’reΒ just going to go for a “concrete gray” color. That way, it will look as close as we can get it to that “new concrete look”. Enough rambling about all of that, we’ll be back next week with the deets.

What do you guys have planned this weekend? Any hot dates with a paint brush? Happy weekend, everyone!

July 26, 2013 at 11:14 am

I have a date with a paint brush every day until my daughter’s room is finished. It got a complete overhaul (windows, insulation, drywall, etc.) so it’s finally coming to an end. After that room, it’s time to paint the nursery to get ready for my son! Have a great weekend!!

July 26, 2013 at 11:22 am

Aww, congrats! And happy painting : )

Julie @ Living on the Ledge
    July 26, 2013 at 12:16 pm

We’ll be painting too – we’re building and it’s painting time…which means the whole house, as fast as we possibly can! Ugh! Always worth it in the end though, right?

July 26, 2013 at 12:30 pm

Natalie B.
    July 26, 2013 at 12:17 pm

Painting the final coat and installing my custom bookcase that I built with my dad that will flank our fireplace. So excited I have more room for my ever expanding book collection and extra room for some cute accessories!

July 26, 2013 at 12:38 pm

Can’t wait for the step-by-step floor painting details! We’re also doing an outdoor overhaul this summer, including sprucing up a boring portal off the back of our house (very similarly sized to your carport). We started with furniture and will be totally copying your ceiling and lighting plan – and possibly floor paint too. πŸ™‚ Thanks for all the inspiration!

July 26, 2013 at 3:28 pm

I’ll be working on some landscaping at my mom’s house this weekend. It’s hot here, but as long as I take a lot of water breaks it should be OK.

I am very anxious to hear about your floor painting project! I have a concrete patio that I’ve been wanting to spruce up.

Enjoy your weekend. BTW, love the new light fixture.

April Jacobs
    July 27, 2013 at 2:33 am

Happy weekend! I just finished painting our guest room. I’m glad I’ve finished it early so that I can have a nice date with my hubby. πŸ™‚