Happy Weekend

For this Happy Weekend post, I had to share my and Greg’s new favorite find: Peanut Butter Co. Peanut Butter. Oh my goodness guys, this stuff is amazing. It’s all-natural, gluten free, certified vegan and cholesterol free but oh so yummy peanut butter. I found it through an article on a health food website (can’t recall which one) and with all of the good, healthy stuff they were saying about it, I just had to order some. Since I was ordering peanut butter online, I went ahead and ordered three flavors: White Chocolate Wonderful, Cinnamon Raison Swirl and Dark Chocolate. Yes, people. I spent almost $30 on peanut butter. Don’t judge. After I placed the order, and paid for sipping, I found out that they sell it at our Target and Trader Joe’s. Go me.

Peanut Butter Co. // 7thhouseontheleft.com

We got home from running some errands the other night and found the box on our front porch. Needless to say, within five minutes we were standing in the kitchen with 6 plastic spoons taste testing each flavor. I’d have to say, that out of the three, our least favorite would have to be the Dark Chocolate. I imagine it’s really good on bananas – or ice cream, but it’s just not great by itself. At that point, though, just give me Nutella. Greg’s totally digging the White Chocolate Wonderful. I really like it too, but my flavor of choice is the Cinnamon Raisin Swirl. It’s deviiiiiine on celery. It’s kind of like a fancy version of Ants on a Log (which is a snack favorite of mine). I haven’t tried it on toast yet, but I’m sure it’s really good. Come to think of it, it would be good on pears, too. Okay, it’s just good on everything.

Happy Weekend // 7thhouseontheleft.com

As for our plans this weekend, we’re wrapping up the covered patio makeover. We’re ready to call this turkey done. Last night, we hung some artwork (which will be coming your way here next week!) and we have one more major project to do before we’re ready to take “after photos”. At that point, the patio will be fully cooked kinds of done. Other than that, I’m hoping to find some time to relax with my stack of magazines that came in this week. Have you seen the new HGTV mag?! Wow.

One more thing before I let you guys go… Earlier this week, our kitchen was featured on PopSugar Home! I was especially stoked because I’m an avid PopSugar reader (celeb news is my guilty pleasure). You can check out the article here. Until Monday, happy weekend everyone!

Linda M
    August 10, 2013 at 11:26 am

Um.. ordering NOW!
    Have a good weekend : )

August 10, 2013 at 11:28 am

YES! I loved the new HGTV magazine. I’m going to save it for a long time.

August 11, 2013 at 7:08 pm

Girl, I’d spend $30 on peanut butter in a heart beat. Easily! LOL.

August 11, 2013 at 7:09 pm

OMG I LOVE Peanut Butter Co products!!! They are amaaaaazing. The dark chocolate is my fave. You just need to try it on carmel ice cream or bananas. It’s really really good.

August 11, 2013 at 7:09 pm

Sounds like a fun weekend! Can’t wait to see the carport finished!

August 11, 2013 at 7:10 pm

That peanut butter is my favorite. Once in a while you see the white chocolate at Target and I’m always sure to get a jar or two. I love it on apples.

[email protected]_Brooklyn_Fig
    August 11, 2013 at 7:53 pm

PB&Co is my fav! I even went to their store in NYC because I fell in love with their company. White Chocolate Wonderful is my go-to flavor for sure. I agree about Dark Chocolate though, it didn’t work on it’s own for me. But I found a recipe for peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, used the Dark Chocolate, and they were amazeballs!

August 11, 2013 at 7:57 pm

Oooh, that sounds good!

August 12, 2013 at 9:48 am

I am obsessed with all things pb and just got into organic pb. The taste is sooo much better. Thanks for giving me an excuse to try the ones above!

Lindsey @ A Pear to Remember
    August 13, 2013 at 4:09 pm

I discovered the Dark Chocolate Dreams about two months ago, after returning from Quebec (aka 8 days of Nutella for breakfast) and desperate for a chocolate breakfast spread. As a nutritionist, I couldn’t bring myself to purchase Nutella. The Dark Chocolate Dreams is phenommmmmmmmmenal, I love it on bananas, and had it on whole wheat pita this morn. it is ALWAYS in our pantry now, and I try not to attack it with a spoon. Congrats on this great find!