Happy Weekend

It’s here. Fall. To me, it’s kind of crazy how it just popped up all of the sudden. Just a few weeks ago, it seemed weird to have school supply displays because it was 98+ outside. But then, we’re in the 70’s (and lower!), we pulled out the jackets and started noticing leaves starting to change ever so slightly… Then… 90 degrees. Again. Really? Come on, Fall! You can do it!

Happy Weekend / 7thhouseontheleft.com

Fall (right up there with Christmas) is my favorite time of season to decorate for. With Bentley being out of commission, our annual family pumpkin shopping trip will have to wait until next year. However, I’m hoping to sneak away from dog-babysitting duty this weekend to at least pick up a small pumpkin at the grocery store. That’s the least this pumpkin-loving-Fall-obsessed civilian can do.

On the plate for this weekend, is a lot of relaxation. Seriously. We need it. My birthday is coming up on Monday, so we’re using that as an excuse to take it easy and relax. Aside form that, we’re going to be hanging some shelves in the guest room closet – which is what I asked for for my birthday, haha. I’m weird. I know. It’s okay.Β We’re going to be turning half of the guest closet into storage for wrapping paper, cards, future/last minute gift stash and (hopefully, if there’s room) a place to stash things like candles, vases, trays and accessories that don’t have a home yet or those we like to pull out once in a while – kind of like our own little decorating shop shelf. And that, my friends, is my idea of a perfect weekend. Happy weekend, everyone!

October 4, 2013 at 9:08 am

Happy Early Birthday, Ashley! I rarely comment, but constantly read! I think birthdays are totally comment worthy!I think you asked for the perfect present. I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

October 4, 2013 at 10:14 am

Aw, thank you, so much!!

October 4, 2013 at 9:28 am

I agree that fall and Christmas are my favourite seasons to decorate for as well! Our house really feels like a home September-December πŸ˜€ So cozy!!

October 4, 2013 at 1:20 pm

Happy Birthday on Monday, Ashley! My own Ashley is 22 on Thursday, so it’s no surprise that you’re one of my favourite bloggers since you possess one of my favourite names πŸ™‚

October 4, 2013 at 2:34 pm

Thank you! Wish your Ashley a happy birthday for us!

Casey C.
    October 4, 2013 at 7:42 pm

I just love ya’ll:) Your blog is always a bright spot in my week. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Ashley!

Lori H
    October 4, 2013 at 9:16 pm

Happy pre-birthday weekend! Fall is my favorite too! I often ask for practical things for my birthday, so I understand the shelving. Hoping the cooler weather will get to Richmond soon – I am not loving the 90 degrees!

October 10, 2013 at 11:37 am

I love that picture with the VW bug and fall trees. Any chance you can share the picture file…. it would be a perfect birthday card for my VW loving hubby.

October 10, 2013 at 2:08 pm

Sure! I bought it on iStock, but you can find it here.