Happy Weekend

HAPPY WEEKEND: AN EXTRA HOUR JUST AT THE RIGHT TIME

This weekend is going to be the best weekend ever. Why? Daylight Savings Time, baby!

Happy Weekend // 7thhouseontheleft.com

Between blog projects, work stuff, and slaying our November to do list, we have a lot of stuff going on over the next few weeks. To make sure we don’t get behind on our to-do’s, we’re deeming this weekend as a “work weekend”. While Greg will be installing the new light/fan combo fixture in the half bathroom, I have a bunch of smaller projects I need to finish up for writing gigs elsewhere – which we’ll be sure to share as soon as we can. On top of that, there are new Christmas Brown & Barkley prints that need to be fine-tuned and posted (’tis the season!) as well as some graphic design projects I need to tie up. Yeah, lots to do this weekend but most of it is fun work, so I’m not complaining.

Another reason we’re trying to get as much done over the next few weeks is because I’m having my wisdom teeth pulled the week before Thanksgiving. Yeah. Not looking forward to it and if I’m completely honest, I’m kind of petrified. I know, I’m a big baby. I keep telling myself I’m lucky because they aren’t causing me problems now and it’s good that I’m getting them taken out before they are a problem. So, it has to be done. Right? Right.

What are your plans for the weekend? What are you spending your extra hour on? Is wisdom teeth extraction really that bad? Tell me honestly, I can take it, haha.Β Happy weekend, everyone!

Image from here.

Casey @Waffling
    November 1, 2013 at 10:51 am

oooh I got my teeth out this summer. It was much better than I expected! They knocked me right out for it and I was home within a couple hours of going in (my friend wasnt knocked out, and hers was longer, but she says it felt like 10 minutes and she felt nothing).

I swelled up, but it was more uncomfortable than painful. Within 5 days I was myself again!!

November 1, 2013 at 10:53 am

Oh, good to hear!!

Bryn
    November 1, 2013 at 12:08 pm

I had my wisdom teeth out when I was in college. I was worried too but I was eating regular food later that day. The discomfort only lasted a few days and it’s worth it! Good luck!

Maria
    November 1, 2013 at 12:25 pm

Good luck on the extractions! I had mine taken out about 6 years ago and for me it did get pretty painful afterwards, but I think a lot of that was because I got a really bad head cold at the same time. I had to sleep with my head elevated for about a week, but was back to normal pretty quickly! My brother, on the other hand, went out to the movies that same night and was back to normal right away! Different for everyone I guess!

Staci
    November 1, 2013 at 12:53 pm

Wisdom teeth different for everyone…I felt so rested coming out of the office and it was more inconvenient and sore than painful…a long tube sock or some other contraption to ice it up that first day helps and have some yummy soups and smoothie ingredients on hand. The anxiety before a procedure always seems worse than dealing with the actual thing! Good luck!

Emily
    November 1, 2013 at 12:54 pm

My wisdom teeth extraction was actually quite a fun experience – other than the swelling and discomfort for a few days. I was put under laughing gas and had some really trippy dreams. I even woke up during the procedure because I was snoring, but didn’t open my eyes, and heard the nurse say to the doctor “She sounds like you when you’re asleep.” Years later it came out that the doctor was cheating on his wife with his nurse. I’d say it took about a week to get fully back to normal and for the stitches to fall out.

November 1, 2013 at 1:09 pm

Oh. My goodness! That’s some story! haha!

BARB
    November 1, 2013 at 12:54 pm

Piece of cake!
    In fact, I had a hamburger the night I got mine out. My Mom had bought all this sick food. Didn’t want it. Wanted a hamburger and it was great.

You will be on pain meds. Go for PERCOSET as you can function without being in a coma It is the best one!!!

Good luck, you will be fine.

November 1, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Ya’ll are making me feel so much better! : )

Diane
    November 1, 2013 at 1:25 pm

I had 4 out of 6 (yes I’m sooo lucky to have two extra! woo hoo!) done in two different procedures. Honestly it wasn’t bad at all. I was knocked out both times, woke up, was wonky and out of it for a few hours after but by the next day, I only needed some tylenol to help the soreness. Really not too bad. Report back to us after! Good luck! πŸ™‚

rachel
    November 1, 2013 at 1:40 pm

Super easy especially if they aren’t giving you trouble! you will be back to normal quickly! Just don’t drink from a straw until you are completely healed it ruins your stitches and creates open sores πŸ™ not fun!

November 1, 2013 at 1:44 pm

Ehh, good to know!
      Thank you!

Lauren
    November 1, 2013 at 1:53 pm

Not to rain on the parade, but I personally wouldn’t get them out before such an eating focused holiday! Most people have an easy time, but if you’re unlucky (like me!) you could end up with dry socket, and I had over a month of healing time! Very painful/uncomfortable.

November 1, 2013 at 2:19 pm

I asked the surgeon (and two nurses) about that, and he said I should be fine before Thanksgiving. Fingers crossed! If I’m not, then it will help keep the calories down, haha.

Beth
    November 1, 2013 at 2:03 pm

No worries…I had all four pulled in my Junior year of high school and never ended up taking any of the pain meds they prescribed. I had some (very light) brusing on my cheeks, but I was fine. The fear was definitely the worst part.
    Everyone is different, but I think the fear and unknown is the worst of it. Lots of water ice!
    Good luck! You’ll be fine!

caroline
    November 1, 2013 at 2:46 pm

I have no stories to tell…good or bad….just wanted to say good luck & hope it heals quickly for you!!! How’s Bentley feeling? I hope he is doing well too!!! Have a great weekend!!! πŸ˜‰

November 1, 2013 at 3:01 pm

Thank you! Bentley is doing great. He’s slowly starting to walk on his leg, but still limps once in a while. He has an appointment for sedated X-rays right before Thanksgiving and that will hopefully wrap up this whole thing with a pretty bow, haha.

Staci @ My Friend Staci
    November 1, 2013 at 3:23 pm

I had my wisdom teeth out right after I graduated high school. They knocked me out so hard… that combined with the vicodin they gave me threw me for a loop! I think I slept for 20 hours once I got home. I remember very vividly wanting/needing chapstick as soon as I woke up…. so make sure you have a tube handy! Other than the first day, it wasn’t so bad. Soreness, sure, but it was okay. Just make sure to be really diligent about rinsing with salt water (like I’m sure they’ll instruct you) and you will be great.

November 1, 2013 at 4:25 pm

Yes, Chapstick! Thank you!

Kate
    November 1, 2013 at 8:54 pm

Wisdom teeth arent’ that bad…unless they get infected. Don’t let that happen. Put all of your hookah’s away.

I jest.

But really, put them away.

November 1, 2013 at 10:10 pm

Every time I hear “hookah”, I think of the caterpillar in Alice In Wonderland, haha!

Jackie
    November 3, 2013 at 6:56 pm

If they’re not causing you any problems, WHY are you having your wisdom teeth out??? Not really a sensible thing to do, and you’ll be in a lot of pain for quite a while, and you won’t be able to eat properly at Christmas time! I’d reschedule, if I were you!

November 3, 2013 at 8:58 pm

Oh, I just meant they aren’t causing any pain but one does have a cavity and a crack in it – which could cause problems later. Rather get them out now than when I’m in pain.

Dawn
    November 4, 2013 at 1:17 pm

I had my wisdom teeth cut out when I was sixteen and had NO PROBLEMS – and that was a few decades ago. I would recommend ice packs right away. I ate pizza for supper that night. Yes, I had to be super careful since stitches were involved, but nevertheless, I was able to eat solid food the same day.