Happy Weekend

I love Fall weekends in Virginia. There are so many fun things to do like visit the apple orchards, drive up to Monticello, go to the corn maze or just drive around and look at the pretty changing leaves. Reason #1,563 I love Virginia.

Happy Weekend / 7thhouseontheleft.com

Our original plans for this weekend fell through and were rescheduled for a few weeks from now. I was really bummed at first, but it may turn out to be a blessing in disguise because that leaves Greg and I with a pretty much open weekend. So, we’re planning to do… nothing. It feels like it’s been a while since we’ve had an entire weekend to relax at home and have nothing pressing to do. We might drive over to Williamsburg for an afternoon – which is our favorite thing to do (especially during the Fall) if we have a free day or maybe just hang around the house and watch a few movies. Either way, we’re both looking forward to a quiet weekend.

So, what are your plans for the weekend? Any fun Fall activities going on? Happy weekend, everyone!

Image from here.

Kristin J
    November 8, 2013 at 10:11 am

Ooh I love how beautiful some simple clippings of bittersweet can look! Enjoy your free weekend! We are trying to get some more packing done this weekend and buying paint and our floor refinishing supplies because we close on our new house next week!!

November 8, 2013 at 10:42 am

Aw, that sounds like so much fun! Congrats on the new house!

Cheryl @ The Creative Me and My McG
    November 8, 2013 at 12:44 pm

painting and installing new trim in the master bedroom…just finished the bathroom and now it’s onward…hoping to have the rest of the private spaces done before Christmas!

November 8, 2013 at 12:56 pm

I may head to the National Zoo this weekend. Or to the Library of Congress open house on Monday (one of only two days a year the main reading room is open to the public and picture taking is allowed). But mainly I plan on hanging out with my 4-legged kids, Pepper and Dublin. Give me a good book, a warm throw, and a cat or two to curl up with and I’m a happy girl!

November 8, 2013 at 9:10 pm

Ikea πŸ™‚ We’re upping the Montessori factor in our living room for the little guy.

November 9, 2013 at 7:29 am

I love the Fall and all its beautiful colors, my husband and I might go on Sat, the 10th to Peddler’s Village out side of New Hope Pa. There Fall Decor is just beautiful, and so many nice store’s to shop around in, plus have a great Brunh at the Cock N Bull Resturant. Love your window scene.

November 9, 2013 at 8:49 am

Our fall has been cut short by winter. It is COLD here in WI and grey and gloomy out. It is super windy out again today. My poor old puppy gets blown across the deck when we go to let her inside. I would love to repaint my scrap room, just not sure what color. Maybe I can convince my hubby to take the sheetrock down off the ceiling and add some can lights. There just isn’t enough light in there, being in the basement and there are more gloomy days than sunny now. I would love to put up planked/tongue and groove boards on the ceiling and paint it a bright white. I would LOVE to go to Williamsburg. I have never been to the East Coast and I really need to. My littlest seems to be turning into a history nut. He’s 6 and we just finished reading about the Civil War.

November 9, 2013 at 10:39 am

Oh my goodness! If he loves history, Williamsburg is a MUST! I’ve been going there for day/weekend trips my entire life and I’m still in awe of all the history. Make sure you visit the Welcome Center and catch the 45-minute movie, Story of a Patriot. It’s a favorite for us and really puts things into perspective. Ugh, I could go on and on, haha!