Style Quizzes

Over the last year (or more), I’ve been having a “crisis of decorating style”. I have no idea what our “style” is. Naturally, we just gravitate to things we love and put it together as we go (which is how I think a home is successfully created – but that’s another whole blog post). On the other hand, I tend to jump all over the place. Β One minute I’m picking out a rustic reclaimed wood dining table and 2 minutes later looking at mid-century(ish) modern sofas. I really want to find a way to wrap it all in one pretty package. I’ve felt like I’ve been getting a tad closer and closer to the “pretty package” (in my head anyway, not in the house just yet), but I’ve had no earthly idea what to call it.

Last night, I was browsing the Internet (more specifically, I was Googling around for photos of sectionals to gain some inspiration for our living room) and wound up on HomeGoods’ website, which caused me to stumble on their Stylescope quiz.Β Have you guys done this quiz?! It’s pretty cool. All you do is pick five images that “speak” to you and it narrows down the name of your style. Because of my huge, gigantic, year-long “crisis of decorating style”,Β I didn’t have high hopes for this quiz – I mean, what can five photos tell you, right? Much to my surprise, it’s crazy kinds of accurate. At least for me I think it was. My result was “Farmhouse Glam with a touch New Country”. Um, yes. That’s it!

HomeGoods Stylescope Quiz Results //

The description said, “Farmhouse Glam is very approachable elegance, layering texture rather than color to create a look that is modern and rustic. Chandeliers above picnic tables. Ornate candlesticks alongside weathered pieces.” We may not have any picnic tables under chandeliers, but we love the concept of layering texture rather than color, “approachable elegance” and joining modern with rustic.

HomeGoods Stylescope Quiz Results //

As for the second half of my results (the “touch new country”), I think the “new” is more accurate for us than the “country”. Greg and I both love clean lines, not a lot of clutter and generally keeping things simple – which I think translates over into the “new”. This might be why we’ve been looking at mid-century modern(ish) sofas. They’re clean-lined and simple.

All in all, even though we aren’t quite “there”, it feels good to be able to put a name to an idea that’s been rolling around in our heads for a long time.Β Click here to take the quiz for a spin. Share your results with us! It will be interesting and fun to see everyone’s style names and if they’re accurate.

Images from here. This post was not sponsored by HomeGoods. Just recanting my Google-searching rabbit hole.

January 14, 2014 at 10:11 am

I got sassy with a touch of boho…. that is so not me! hahahaha

January 14, 2014 at 10:33 am

Awesome! Just took the quiz, and I’m “Classic with a touch of Boho.” They were pretty accurate! Thanks for pointing this out.

Jilly Williams
    January 14, 2014 at 10:34 am

Good stuff! I’ll check this out! I, too, have been in “crisis”.

January 14, 2014 at 10:54 am

Fun quiz! My outcome was Urban Funk and a touch Classic…. at least my decorating style has a name now πŸ™‚

January 14, 2014 at 11:04 am

I’m sassy with a touch classy and, it really does kind of fit. Weird. These things usually don’t work for me.

January 14, 2014 at 11:27 am

can’t wait to hear/see what you decide on the sectional. i’ve been looking for years it seems and still haven’t decided whether to get 2 couches and place in an L shape or sectional. it has to be deep seated as we are tall people as i know you are too… please keep us informed as i know you will πŸ™‚ on what you decide on a sectional… love your stye!!

Alyssa Siegele
    January 14, 2014 at 11:32 am

This is such a great quiz — it’s the first home decor style quiz that surprised me with the results, but actually felt right! I’m Urban Funk with a touch of Classic. Tons of bold colors and industrial vibes plus classic pieces like ornate frames and “a place for everything.” It even inspires me to consider bright orange walls someday. πŸ™‚

January 14, 2014 at 12:11 pm

Oh I am sooooo taking that test. Although I have a good idea of what my style may be, I’m not exactly sure. Thanks for sharing.

January 14, 2014 at 12:32 pm

We got the same results! I never really know what my decor style is either, I feel like I love everything! I’ve been obsessed with mid century furniture lately. I’ve been scouring Craigslist for a new lowboy dresser.

Jennifer @ Brave New Home
    January 14, 2014 at 1:02 pm

I’ve been revisiting my decorating style lately too since we’re planning on moving and I get a whole new blank canvas to start with : ] You should try Sproost’s style quiz. It’s one of the more accurate ones out there IMO.

January 14, 2014 at 1:18 pm

Ohh, I’ll be sure to check it out. Thanks!

January 14, 2014 at 2:03 pm

This was pretty good, although I thought for sure it was way off by looking at the titles: Urban Funk with a touch of New Country. The descriptions of each of these totally fit me, amazing what 5 pictures can say about you and your style!

January 14, 2014 at 2:33 pm

Not bad. Mine is modern metro with classic or, if I cange one pic urban funk with classic. It really fits. Nice to have a name for it!

January 14, 2014 at 3:18 pm

Mine was classic. But I did to take it a few times and also got socialite and new country. Got classic twice though. I’d like to think I’m a mix of classic and new country with a bit of glam πŸ™‚

January 14, 2014 at 4:14 pm

Overwhelmed w sectional shopping. Finally pulled the trigger on the dune at Arhaus. We’ve done low end, middle end and higher end for all types of furniture, we are a tiny bit older than you, and in the end our family room furniture is the most used in the house and the investment is worth it. Can’t wait to see what you pick. Your design aesthetic should just be rustic hip awesome!

January 14, 2014 at 5:47 pm

Fun quiz! I’m Boho with a touch of the Traveler.

Angela, blue i style
    January 15, 2014 at 5:18 am

That quiz is really right on! Four of the pictures were easy for me to select, and then the fifth photo was a toss up between two, so I took the quiz a second time selecting the opposite photo, and my result was the same.

My result was Modern Metro with a touch of Urban Funk – and I couldn’t have put it better myself. I’ve never had a good name for my style, but that definitely sums it up!

Angela, blue i style
      January 22, 2014 at 6:52 pm

I wanted to thank you again for sharing the fun Stylescope quiz. After I took it last week, I started walking around the house looking at everything and thinking, “that’s definitely modern metro” or, “wow, there’s more urban funk around here than I realized.” So I started snapping some close up photos of the various style elements around our house and blogged about it today. Since you turned me on to Stylescope, I thought I’d share it with you if you are interested:

January 22, 2014 at 8:05 pm

That’s so neat! Thanks for sharing : )

January 15, 2014 at 9:13 am

Hmm..mine was Urban Funk with a touch of New Country. My fiance is starting to envision how to combine our things in the next seven months, moving from her townhome to my 4bd house. While she was concerned about mixing styles, maybe they’re not so different (and plus, I don’t have a strong preference!). She loves both vintage/antique and modern things. Will be interesting to see what her results are from this quiz. Ha.

January 15, 2014 at 11:48 am

I love Vintage with Urban Funk and a little New Country. I think your styles will come together well!

Laura Ann
    January 15, 2014 at 10:12 am

I ended up with Sassy and a hint of classic – which surprised me because I’m all about vintage and retro…it must be my love for chevron patterns these days

January 15, 2014 at 10:35 am

Mine was Spa with a touch of Boho – fairly accurate. I followed the link to Home Goods Pinterest page and they have a board with each of the styles, so there is tons of inspiration. Want to say also how much I enjoy your blog – your writing style is so much fun, and you have a wonderful eye for interesting products and trends. I look forward to each post.

January 15, 2014 at 11:45 am

Thank you so much, that means a ton! : )

Jo Gordon
    January 15, 2014 at 12:56 pm

I’m New Country and a touch Set Sail…. go figure. I think it’s fairly close. I enjoyed the little quiz and always love catching up on your blog. thx. πŸ™‚

January 15, 2014 at 12:57 pm

I now know why I like your decorating so much – we have the same main style – Country Glam. I did it several times and this was always my main style. Fun!

January 15, 2014 at 12:58 pm

I meant Farmhouse Glam!

January 15, 2014 at 1:11 pm

Before the quiz I would have labeled our style “Beachy Farmhouse with Random Pops of Color”, so when I took the quiz and got Set Sail with a Touch of Boho, it seemed pretty accurate to me! Thanks for sharing.

January 15, 2014 at 5:34 pm

I am so with you – I have no idea what my “style” is. Our first three years of marriage, my husband and I lived in a mobile home. I decorated in cozy, darker colors. Then a year ago we bought our first house and my style has just completely changed. I’m learning to take my time with purchases and decorations, and have thus far just styled our home with things we loved. I took the test and I think it NAILED it! I’m “the Traveler with a Touch of Boho.” I majored in Sociology in college, so it makes me pretty happy to finally have a “group” that my style can fit into. Ha!

January 15, 2014 at 9:39 pm

Haha! I’m with you : )

January 16, 2014 at 8:12 pm

This is so cool! I’m going to have to try it too. I love your style by the way. Glad there’s a name for it so you can start telling people.

January 16, 2014 at 9:00 pm

I love your blog! There is so much goodness in here that it is going to take me awhile to get through all of it – and that is a good problem πŸ™‚

January 17, 2014 at 3:54 pm

I’m surprised, but it was fairly accurate. Modern Metro with a touch of Urban Funk. Too bad all I can afford these days is the funk.

March 7, 2014 at 3:18 pm

I got Set Sail and a touch of country. I am trying to do a beachy theme and the beach is my happy place, so I guess that’s perfect for me!