His + Her Favorite Things

HIS + HER FAVORITE THINGS

Well, this month as certainly flown by. It seriously feels like we were just in Florida for Christmas! Time speeding by like lightning or not, it’s time for another round of His + Hers. Here are our few of our favorite things at the moment…

His Favorite Things // 7thhouseontheleft.com

ONE // I was (and still am, really) a huge fan of the Marvel universe as a kid, so when I saw this shirt with my favorite X-man on it, there was no passing it up. TWO // We do a reasonable amount of sanding around here, and while the vibrating sander we have does a decent job, I can’t help but think I might get a better overall finish with an orbital like this one. We’ll be looking into buying one of these for an upcoming project in Ash’s office. THREE // Ash’s cousin passed along this product to me and I thought it was a real fun concept. I don’t use USB sticks too often anymore (Dropbox and Google Drive are great for sharing between techies), but I used them a lot in my last job for transferring information to and from clients. Gigs2Go would be great for that sort of thing. FOUR // I got the chance to see Snarky Puppy in concert last weekend, and they were amazing. I think they’re one of those bands that was just meant to be seen live. No song is ever the same twice; they use a few musical ideas as the foundation for a song (like basic melodies, turnarounds, and phrases), and build on that to make some of the best live music I’ve ever heard. Sure, they’re not for everyone (there’s a huge jazz influence here), but they’re definitely worth a try for any music-lover.

Her Favorite Things // 7thhouseontheleft.com

ONE // A few weeks ago, I finished the last book in the Divergent series. Don’t worry, I’m not going to divulge any spoilers! I read all three in a matter of a few days because I literally couldn’t put them down. When the last book ended, I felt like I needed a hug, haha. The ending was very… unexpected. I’ve read that a lot of people have been giving the author a hard time because of the way she decided to end it, but I think the unexpected ending just made the series even better. If you liked Hunger Games, then you’ll love this serious (probably even more!).  TWO // I’ve always had pretty good skin, but lately it’s been giving me some trouble. I went on the hunt for good skin products and found this magic potion. Oh. My. Word. Simply put, it works, and I highly recommend it. Don’t be put off by the price, because a little does a long way. THREE // This is easily one of the most attractive desk lamps I’ve seen in a while. The brass accents and the fabric-covered cord are just lovely. Well done, Ikea! Definitely making a trip up there soon to snag one for my office. FOUR // Being a lover of paper, I especially love Valentine’s Day. All of the cute, clever and creative cards and crafts make my paper-loving heart happy. As usual Paper-Source is my first stop for cute cards and this one was at the top of my list this year. FIVE // I’m in love with this box for more reasons than one two. The finish is perfect, and it’s the perfect size to display on a coffee table or stash office-essentials like Post-Its on your desk. And it’s on sale, woot!

Now, it’s your turn! How about you guys, what favorites are you crushing on this month?

Sara M
    February 11, 2014 at 10:39 pm

Love these posts! I might have to get ME and Wolverine shirt. I already have a few from the men’s section at Target and love them. They’re so soft, great to sleeping!

Melody
    February 11, 2014 at 10:39 pm

I have two of those Ikea lamps and I absolutely love them! You need to run, not walk, to Ikea to snatch one up!

February 11, 2014 at 10:43 pm

If it wasn’t for the snow headed our way tomorrow, I’d be running there within the next 24 hours, haha. Hopefully we’ll make a trip up there soon (it’s about an hour and a half drive from here).

Melissa
    February 11, 2014 at 10:40 pm

I’m in west Texas and I’m just curious – are you guys getting hit with the snow this week? I’ve seen you mention how much you like snow and thought about you and I saw the report on CNN today at work.

February 11, 2014 at 10:42 pm

Yes! It’s too early to tell how much we’re getting but some reports are saying up 5-8″ and some are saying up to 12-14″. I’m excited! So, we shall see!

Jennifer
    February 11, 2014 at 10:41 pm

DIVERGENT!! Oh my gosh! Don’t even get me started.

Wendy
      February 11, 2014 at 10:41 pm

I second that. Wow. So flipping good!

February 11, 2014 at 10:43 pm

I knooooooow, right!?

Most hose posts
    February 12, 2014 at 11:58 am

Yawn….more house posts guys, no more gap fillers.

February 12, 2014 at 12:32 pm

Thanks for your input. Seeing as how blogging isn’t a full time gig for us, we post when we have time between our full-time jobs – which have been really busy lately. Hopefully we’ll be able to get back to providing more house-related content in the near future.

Kathy
    February 12, 2014 at 5:09 pm

Ok first let me tell you all how much I love your blog! I have gotten many ideas and inspiration from it! Thank you for all your hard work! And 2nd…dang it! I knew I should have gotten that tortoise shell box the other day! I stood there and 2nd guessed myself! Oh well. Live and learn! I would love it if you would stop by my new blog and leave me a comment and tell me what you think! xo, Kathy wwwthedailynest.com

Nicole Bielski
    February 13, 2014 at 3:04 pm

I love these “Favorite Things” posts and I love the his and hers idea! Definitely get yourself an orbital sander! I used them on a regular basis when I was working (mainly for automotive repairs) and they really make a big difference. If you do a bit of sanding it’s a great investment.

February 13, 2014 at 3:04 pm

Thank you! That’s really good to know : )

LLS
    February 13, 2014 at 9:14 pm

The proverbial junk drawer is the bane of my existence! Thank you for sharing

Priyanka
    February 14, 2014 at 8:39 am

Love these His+ Hers posts… There’s always great stuff in them!

Lindsey @ A Pear to Remember
    February 14, 2014 at 1:29 pm

Wooowwwwwwwwww, thank you SO much for inspiring me to google Snarky Puppy. I’m currently listening to Something, love the soul/gospel/jazz feel. THANKS, greg!

Greg
      February 14, 2014 at 2:34 pm

That’s awesome! Glad you like them!

Molly
    February 14, 2014 at 11:48 pm

I just purchased that desk lamp, and the 2 coordinating pendant lamps today. 🙂 I can’t wait to spruce up my house with them. Thanks for the heads-up on the light. I have been wanting something new for quite some time!!!