Inspiration

SMITTEN.

Smitten Home Tour // 7thhouseontheleft.com

So, I’ve been under the weather the last few days because Greg was nice enough to pass on his cold/stomach/virus thing on to me. Though I’ve been going quite stir crazy over the last 24 hours, I’ve been trying to rest, recharge and fill up on fluids and vitamins as much as possible.Β During my “down time”, I happened to come across an amazing home tour that has left me completely smitten and I had to share it with you guys…

Smitten Home Tour // 7thhouseontheleft.com

Gray walls, black doors, white molding, built-ins, eclectic decor, pops of color… I’m there. It’s a little more “traditional” than what my eye normally gravitates toward, but I love it.

Smitten Home Tour // 7thhouseontheleft.com

Smitten Home Tour // 7thhouseontheleft.com

Smitten Home Tour // 7thhouseontheleft.com

What would you call this style? “Modern Transitional”? But there’s also a hint of mid century too. Every style doesn’t need to have a name, but whatever it is, I really like it. It’s fun, elegant, simple but not too minimal.Β I think what I love most about it is the mixture of textures… jute, lucite, metallic, brick, graphic fabrics – it’s all there.

Smitten Home Tour // 7thhouseontheleft.com

Don’t even get me started on this kitchen nook. I love the worn wood finish of the chairs mixed with the modern table along with the traditional molding and window seat. And that brass pendent… yes please!

Smitten Home Tour // 7thhouseontheleft.com

I always love a good home tour, but I rarely come across one that leaves me this inspired. As an added bonus, on top of finding this tour and being completely awed, I also found the homeowner’s beautiful hardware line, Nest Studio (aren’t these gorgeous?!) and her blog (which I’m loving!).

All images from here. You can find a very informative list of resources and paint colors right here.

Kayla @ Mississippi Mrs.
    February 26, 2014 at 3:20 pm

WOW! That is a nice place!

Jen
    February 26, 2014 at 3:50 pm

I love the bedroom color scheme! Thanks for sharing. Hope you feel better soon!

February 26, 2014 at 3:57 pm

Thank you!

PAppel
    February 26, 2014 at 5:23 pm

Thanks Ashley. My heart is now broken. I had been looking for cabinet door knobs like the faceted ones shown in Nest Studio’s hardware line. However, at $60 per knob, they’re out of my price range. Sob. πŸ™‚ Hope, you feel better soon! Love your blog.

K.K. Holmes
    February 26, 2014 at 7:17 pm

I love looking at other people’s homes! And this one is a great house tour, but I like what you’re doing with your home better. Truth.

February 26, 2014 at 8:24 pm

Oh dear, we’re not even close, but thank you!

February 26, 2014 at 8:23 pm

Wow, I think that whole house is me! Love everything about it. Thanks for sharing!

Bridget & Casey @ DIY Playbook
    February 26, 2014 at 9:35 pm

I think “smitten” is the perfect title for this home tour… holy inspiration everywhere! Thanks for sharing.

Lori H
    February 26, 2014 at 10:10 pm

Wow! I am about to fall asleep on my computer right now, but I am going to drool all over that blog tomorrow! Thanks for sharing πŸ™‚

Amanda Schaumburger
    February 26, 2014 at 10:18 pm

Adore this house! What a find!

MELANIE | MAILBOX JOURNEY
    February 27, 2014 at 10:24 am

YES! This is exactly what I want.

sarah m. dorsey
    February 27, 2014 at 11:31 am

I love this home tour too!!

Molly
    February 27, 2014 at 12:11 pm

Oh I love this house too!! so many pretty things to look at! thanks for sharing πŸ™‚

Jessica Davis
    February 27, 2014 at 1:48 pm

Wow, thank you so much for the write up! I really appreciate it and the shoutout to my hardware line as well. If only my house looked this good on a daily basis. Right now there are trains and cars all over the rug…. but keep checking in – new baby’s room in the works and just installed the drapes today πŸ™‚

February 27, 2014 at 2:13 pm

It was my pleasure! Oh, same here except we’ve traded in the trains and cars for dog toys ; ) Can’t wait to see the updated baby’s room!

Heidi
    February 27, 2014 at 2:57 pm

Absolutely gorgeous! You’re right, sometimes the most beautiful of styles don’t fit neatly in a box. Clearly these owners went with what they loved and the mix looks beautiful. Very inspiring.

Natashia
    February 28, 2014 at 2:31 am

I have just discovered your blog, and therefore and making my way through every single post and pinning!! You have so many amazing DIY’s and idea’s..

February 28, 2014 at 5:47 am

Thank you so much!!

Krystal
    February 28, 2014 at 10:41 am

What a gorgeous home!!! Thank you SO much for sharing!! I believe the style is called Gustavian Modern, a favourite for my husband and I.

Jule
    March 3, 2014 at 9:55 am

Hi Greg and Ashley, I discovered your blog only yesterday and have been reading it backwards since then. Which means I went through every one of the 179 pages and read whatever I found interesting…. I love your projects! Please keep up the good work. My husband and I had a house built four years ago and though we could plan everything, some things just turn out to be wrong when you finally live in the house. Plus we are still furnishing one room after the other, because we think it is important to live in the house and “feel it” to be able to choose the perfect furniture and decor. We love it – it’s a neverending story. We also have a lot of work outside in our garden and add curb appeal. I wish we had sponsors like you, but until then we do our projects whenever we can afford the next step. πŸ˜‰ We have a red brick house just like you and we are located in Germany.

March 3, 2014 at 10:01 am

Thank you so much, Jule!

Kelsey
    March 4, 2014 at 7:17 pm

Wow, what a beautiful house! I love how none of it “matches” but it all looks amazing together. Definitely something to aspire to. Thanks for sharing, Ashley!