Style Quizzes

What’s Your Spring Style?

You guys know how I love a good design-related quiz. A few months ago, we all tried out HomeGoods’ Stylescope quizΒ and it was a lot of fun to read everyone’s results and see how accurate you thought it was (and that thing was pretty dang accurate!).Β Well, I have another fun one to pass your way…

Lonny Magazine's What's Your Spring Style? Quiz //

This quiz is by Lonny Magazine, and I came across it on Twitter earlier this morning. Seeing as how I’ve been a fan of Lonny since day one, I had to try it out. The purpose is to find your “Spring Style”. With Spring (supposedly) around the corner, I thought it would be fun to take it for a spin.

Lonny Magazine's What's Your Spring Style? Quiz //

The quiz is only 10 questions long and has a mixture of visual and “situational” questions – like your fantasy vacation home spot. One thing I love about quizzes like this is that it makes you think about things you wouldn’t normally think about or sift through styles you wouldn’t normally consider. I don’t drink, so I did hit a snag when it came to the “Your signature cocktail” question. I just picked a random one and went to the next question, haha.

Lonny Magazine's What's Your Spring Style? Quiz //

So, 10 questions later, my result was “The Jock”:

Salmon-colored pants, trips to the Cape, family games of touch footballβ€”you’re not afraid to let your inner prepster fly. After all, you’ve never met a stripe you didn’t like. Naturally, your home follows suit with nautical details and plenty of references to good ol’ Americana.

It’s accurate, at the same time it’s not – if that makes any sense. Maybe it was the cocktail question that threw it off, haha! First off, I’m not a fan of nautical accents in our space – though I really dig the rustic touches that sometimes come along with that genre. On the other hand, I love crisp white, “preppy” accents like stripes, and trips to the Cape are my jam.

Click here to take the quiz for a spin. Share your results with the class! It would be interesting to see everyone’s “spring style” and if they think they’re results were accurate or not.

All images from here. This post was not sponsored by anyone. Just recanting my Twitter finds.

March 6, 2014 at 11:17 am

I’m a “jock” too! And I agree that while I love stripes and salmon colored pants, I have no nautical decor in my home. Ohio, doesn’t really scream sand and seashells…only in my dreams πŸ™‚

March 6, 2014 at 11:20 am

Oh, I got jock too…. perhaps it’s because I picked the outdoor table setting and the window seat? I guess I like lighter paint colours on the walls and accessorising with bright pops of colour. And I do enjoy natural textures, but I like to mix them with metals as well, so generally I would say this quiz was not accurate.

March 7, 2014 at 8:10 pm

I got jock, too, and I picked the bookshelves and the beanbag chair. Does seem kind of random πŸ™‚

Larry Johnson
      March 13, 2014 at 4:30 pm

Same thing with me! I guess that means that I really like organized sports? Funny, because I’m pretty sure that’s the last thing I like! Fun quiz though.

March 6, 2014 at 11:29 am

I got the “Prom Queen,” which name aside seems pretty legit! All of the suggested IKEA items were ones I’ve either bought or thought about buying.

Jennifer @ Brave New Home
    March 6, 2014 at 11:34 am

I wasn’t very confident while taking the quiz (I only really felt passionate about loving Rachel Bilson’s home) but my results were somehow spot on! I got the professor. I love decorating with maps and books!

March 6, 2014 at 11:54 am

I got “Prom Queen” – I took the test twice because I would get stuck between two answers, and it turned out the same each time. The description didn’t fit me at all, lol.

Ashlee M
    March 6, 2014 at 11:58 am

I got Class Clown and the description was EXACTLY my style – especially recently which I guess translates as my “Spring Style”.

March 6, 2014 at 11:59 am

I love style quizzes too! I got “The Artsy One” and it was fairly accurate.

Ceci Bean
    March 6, 2014 at 12:16 pm

I got “The Professor” and then I went back and answered a few differently and STILL got it. Apparently, I am super snooty, no matter what decor I like!

March 6, 2014 at 12:38 pm

I got the Professor! It was pretty accurate! (hilarious since I am toying with a degree in Library sciences like my hubby! ^_^)

Michelle | Birds of Berwick
    March 6, 2014 at 1:04 pm

I got the Jock too, but I liked the description: “Some might say you’re preppy or traditional; we prefer classic”. That’s me to T!

March 6, 2014 at 1:13 pm

Fun quiz! I got Prom Queen which is very odd. I’m not sure how my husband would feel about pink and sparkly things all over the house πŸ˜‰

March 6, 2014 at 2:26 pm

My result was the Jock too. I liked most of the pictures but don’t decorate with nautical pieces or anything “Americana”. I DO love stripes and found most of the suggestion pictures attractive. So…..not sure whether to call it accurate or not πŸ™‚

March 6, 2014 at 4:07 pm

I got “Jock”…totally not me at all! In the HomeGoods quiz my style was Classic with a Touch of Boho…way more me.

Thanks for sharing these! Love knowing I’m not the only one who struggles with having “a style.”

Darnetha @ ChippaSunshine
    March 6, 2014 at 4:39 pm

I got ‘class clown’ which is not me at all. Lol!

Lori H
    March 6, 2014 at 5:19 pm

I am a “jock” too, although I think classic with clean lines, and some vintage thrown in. No ruffles or fancy for me. I guess it is mostly accurate.

Katie @ the Woodward Place
    March 6, 2014 at 6:53 pm

There must be a glitch. I got Class Clown with isn’t me at all. Yes, I love to keep people guessing (and laughing), but every picture I selected was very neutral/almost vintage and I got pinned as crazy and unpredictable… Loved the Home Goods quiz; that one was uncannily accurate (there I was Farmhouse Glam, nothing clowny about it).

March 7, 2014 at 2:06 am

I got the jock too. I think its almost accurate. I like to think I’m more classic than nautical and vintage sports equipment. but I do love stripes and neutrals. πŸ™‚

March 7, 2014 at 8:33 am

I got the jock too and don’t really agree with it. Though I love stripes, I hate nautical type things (I just have no connection to it at all–grew up on a horse farm in the Midwest!).

March 10, 2014 at 11:31 am

Jock – seems like a lot of “7th house on the left” are trending the same.

Lora @ Craftivity Designs
    March 10, 2014 at 10:57 pm

I got “The Hippie” which I’m not sure how accurate the name is but this part of the description is pretty spot-on “you lean minimal… but you just can’t help collecting things” That’s just always my dilemma! It says I’m drawn to “natural textures, organic shapes, warm woods and florals” which is pretty accurate too!

March 12, 2014 at 2:23 pm

I got “The Professor”. Pretty accurate for the most part. Although, I’m sometimes conflicted with what I really want! LOL

March 12, 2014 at 8:56 pm

This was not accurate at all. Probably because I needed a “none of the above” or “I have no idea what/who you are talking about” for many of the responses.

March 17, 2014 at 12:21 pm

I got “The Rebel”. At first glance I thought it was way off (Skulls? Really?) but when I clicked through “Get the look” I loved what I saw. Maybe it figured something out about me that I didn’t even know about myself!