Organizing

My Rant on Cell Phones and How to Organize Them

How to Feel A Little More Unplugged Without Pulling the Plug / 7thhouseontheleft.com

Happy Thursday, folks! I just wanted to pop in and point you guys over to my new contributor post over at iHeart Organizing. If for some reason you’ve been living under a rock and haven’t stumbled across Jen’s blog before now, get ready because you’re about to spend countless hours scrolling through her awesome handiwork. You have been warned.

For this post, I ended up giving a scaled back version of my 2 cents on cell phone usage. (Seriously, my first draft was twice as long!) I also chatted about tips to simplify your phone and my top three most valuable apps that keep me organized and productive. I’ve been through a lot of “productivity apps”, and these are (in my opinion) the cream of the crop and definitely worth taking for a spin. Totally off the subject, but I just noticed the Old Navy coupon in the photo above is super expired. Boo.

So, click here to go over to Jen’s blog and check out the post and be sure to weigh in on your favorite go-to apps and phone organizing tips!

Monica
    July 31, 2014 at 1:21 pm

Thank you for the app suggestions! I was wondering if you can tell whether Tick can be used with the cellular data turned off? I’m looking for a list making app, but not one that will use up my limited data. (I don’t have access to wifi at home.) I don’t need the app to send much to other devices and such and I’d strictly use it for creating lists and crossing off things I’ve done. Thanks so much!

July 31, 2014 at 1:46 pm

Yp, I’m pretty sure you can! It’s really a great app : )

Monica
      August 1, 2014 at 12:11 pm

I got it and LOVE it! Thanks so much.

Sarah Spain
    July 31, 2014 at 7:50 pm

I always enjoy your suggestions on iPhone apps! I’m addicted to dots (and subsequently two dots) because of you, now I’m excited to use swipe – Thanks!

July 31, 2014 at 10:35 pm

Ohhhh yes, Dots! That one definitely made the cut when I cleaned out my apps, haha!

Christina at SWEET HAUTE
    July 31, 2014 at 8:48 pm

Hey from SWEET HAUTE blog, stopping by from Iheartorganizing….. We live in VA too:)

~Be Sweet
    Christina at
    SWEET HAUTE
    Thursday Sweet Haute Share link up Party

July 31, 2014 at 10:34 pm

Hi!! Thanks for stopping by! : )

Stephanie Loudmouth
    August 1, 2014 at 1:12 pm

Came over here from that post, saw the photo of you with your man, and was like OMG SETH ROGEN I LOVE HIM

August 1, 2014 at 2:59 pm

Haha! We hear that ALL the time. If a week goes by where we don’t hear it at least 5 times, it’s rare, haha.

michelle
    August 7, 2014 at 11:07 am

hi have been following your blog through iheart for and found the above article to be very informative. I love hearing about apps that others use and what works and what doesn’t. I too am a lover of binders and planners and was wondering the image of the planner is that your planner and where is it available as I love spiral bound books ant the monthly planners are just fantastic. would love to combine the two.

Meg
    August 17, 2014 at 9:51 am

Hope all is all right – it’s been a while since we’ve heard from you regularly on the blog. Are you posting more elsewhere? Love to read about your work…

Amanda
    August 21, 2014 at 3:07 pm

I hope things are going ok – miss your posts! :/

Angela Stevens
    August 21, 2014 at 5:08 pm

Hi to you both

I’ve been checking your site everyday – but you’ve not been around in ages. I hope you are only having a little rest and enjoying the summer.

Fingers crossed that you are back soon – as missing you in England.

All the best

Angie :oD

Lori H
    August 22, 2014 at 5:30 pm

Hi Ashley, just realized we had not heard from you for a while – hoping you just are on vacation and haven’t changed your blog site?

September 26, 2014 at 2:35 pm

Nope, we aren’t going anywhere, haha. All is well! Thank you for checking in : )