Once again, it’s time for my and Ashley’s favorite things…
1. Shur-Line Pro Edger – We used this a lot when we painted all of the rooms in our house. It proved to be especially helpful when we had to paint along window, door, and baseboard moldings. Just be sure not to let paint get on the guides and you’ll have nice, crisp lines on every edge.
2. iCade - I love retro games, and I love my iPad, but the touch screen controls often leave something to be desired. While I’m not a huge fan of iAccessories most of the time, this is officially the best way to play classic Atari games on your iPad. Just be forewarned: the Atari’s Greatest Hits app uses in-app payments, but you can all the games for about $10. Not a bad deal, considering the Atari 2600 cost $199 when it first arrived on the shelves in the late 70′s.
3. Mythbusters – I couldn’t live without the Discovery Channel. It’s one of the few reasons I don’t just cancel my cable TV service and go internet streaming-only. Mythbusters is why I started watching the Discovery Channel to begin with, and I’d argue it’s still one of the best (if not the best) on television.
4. Bucky Cubes – Like Bucky Balls, but with more flat sides. I’m still waiting for my loving wife to get the hint and get me a set of these!
5. Geek Pocket Watch- I’m not much of a pocket watch guy, but if I was, I would have to get this one. You can’t tell it from the tiny picture here, but instead of the usual 1 through 12, it shows equations that work out to the standard numbers. This would be a great gift for all the math geeks in your life!
6. Siberia V2 Headset – It’s no secret that I’m a bit of a gamer, so a good headset is essential. After spending several years with the previous version of these headphones, I decided it was time to upgrade. The integrated microphone and closed-back design are welcome improvements, and they’re just as comfortable as my old pair. In my opinion, this is one of the best gaming headsets you can find for under $100.
1. Taza Pillow from Crate & Barrel – I’ve been searching for pillows for our current sofa for months. We want to get a new couch in the future (read more about that here), but with all of the projects going on, it will probably be a while. In the meantime, we need some pillows that will match the gray walls and the beige sofa, and these are at the top of my list. Gotta love Ikat!
2. Barefoot Contessa Harvest Pumpkin Butter- If you like apple butter and you like pumpkin pie, then you will love this Harvest Pumpkin Butter! It’s so yummy in the fall! You can put it on anything from pancakes or waffles to English muffins or biscuits.
3. Thanksgiving Bingo Place Cards - Even though we aren’t hosting Thanksgiving this year (you kind of have to have a kitchen in order to do that!), I went ahead and picked up a few packs of these Bingo Place Cards for next year. It will go perfectly with the vintage-inspired table I have envisioned. Yes, I’m thinking way ahead.
4. Burt’s Bees Lip Balm in Honeysuckle – I picked this up on an impulse buy at Walgreen’s a few weeks ago. The color ended up being perfect (a very light, nude color) and it delivers a great amount of hydration. It definitely earned a spot in to my “favorite lip gloss collection”. Yay for impulse buys!
5. Rachel Ray Stainless Steel Cookware – Now that the kitchen is getting closer and closer to being DONE, I’m so anxious to get cooking! I purchased this set of cookware shortly before we packed up the apartment (though I don’t think Crate & Barrel still carries it!), and I miss it so much! I cannot wait to unpack it and put every piece to good use.
6. White Christmas by Yankee Candle – Last year, I was told the White Christmas line at Yankee Candle was discontinued. But now, it’s miraculously reappeared – only with a different label. Now that it’s back, I’m even more excited to decorate for Christmas. Is the first week of November too early to start? ; )
So what about you… Any new favorites?