****THIS GIVEAWAY IS NO LONGER ACCEPTING ENTRIES****
Scroll down to see who won!
Today, we’re really excited to announce that our friends at Black & Decker are back, and they’re giving a lucky reader one of our favorite cleaning gadgets: the Black & Decker Steam-Mop with SmartSelect™ Technology.
Since we’ve been married, we’ve used two other steam mops, and they were great. We love the idea of killing tons of bad bacteria without using chemicals (which is awesome for small pets like our little guy), and steam is great for getting up stuck-on grime without having to get on the floor with the scrub brush. Since switching over to the Black & Decker Steam-Mop, it’s been like opening a whole new level of cleaning with steam. In other words, it’s everything the “other guy” wasn’t.
First of all, this may seem like a simple improvement, but it’s one that immediately caught our eyes: it stands up straight on its own. Unlike the “other guy”, it’s nice to be able to click it in place and walk away for a second. Also, it stops the steam when you place it in the upright position. Our old steam mop would just sit there and steam the surface it was sitting on – which isn’t good for certain surfaces like hardwood floors.
Speaking of flooring, the Black & Decker Steam-Mop’s SmartSelect Technology is our favorite feature. About 85% of our house’s flooring is hardwood while the other 15% is tile. The SmartSelect dial allows you to choose your surface (Wood-Laminate, Stone-Marble, or Tile-Vinyl) and the Steam-Mop automatically releases the right amount of steam for the floor you are cleaning. This takes the guessing out of wondering if what you are doing is good for your floors.
One thing Ash keeps pointing out when she uses the Steam-Mop is how easy it is to maneuver. The head pivots a full 90 degrees in either direction, making it really easy to get around and under furniture. Yet another thing the “other guy” didn’t do.
The B&D Steam-Mop’s light changes colors when it’s heated up and ready to be used (which only takes 15 seconds). When using our old steam-mop, I would get impatient and try to use our old steam mop before it was ready to go and the only way to know it was ready was by the steam pouring out of it.
I realize it probably seems like we’re just pitching an informercial here, but we really are huge fans of this gadget and really enjoy using it. According to Ash, let’s just say she thinks she has the entire family’s Christmas & birthday presents picked out. And… in my best Pat Sajak voice… we know one of our lucky readers will too once they get their hands on one! Here’s what you need to do…
PRIZE: One (1) Black & Decker Steam Mop with Smart Select™ Technology (Valued at $127!)
2 CHANCES TO WIN: 1) Leave a comment on this post with the words “Steam me up, Scotty!” (that was my idea… can’t you tell?) 2) “Like” Black & Decker on Facebook and leave a second comment here to let us know. If you already “like” B&D on Facebook, let us know what your favorite B&D tool or gadget is!
NUMBER OF WINNERS: One
PRIZE SHIPS: Anywhere in the US or Canada
GIVEAWAY WILL WRAP UP: Friday, August 5, 2011 @ Midnight EST. As usual, to keep things fair and squre, you can have up to two entries per email address. The winner will be selected using Random.org and will be announced right here on Saturday, August 6, 2011. Good luck everyone!
If you want to read more about the Black & Decker Steam-Mop and see it in action, visit their website here for more information and a demonstration video (and yes, it actually works as well as it does in the video!).
AND THE WINNER IS…
Congratulations, Melissa! We know you will love your steam mop as much as we love ours! A big thank you to Black & Decker and to everyone who entered. Check back soon for another giveaway opportunity!
As always, our comments above are our true and honest opinion, and we were not persuaded in any way to make positive remarks about this product.